Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Current Options  (Read 1802 times)

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Current Options
« on: April 28, 2018, 07:59:50 PM »

As of today, what are my options as far as a RELAY type switch?  My ceiling fans and two pumps out back are running on switchinc relay modules. This gives me the ability to use them like an appliance module with a wall switch local control.

I know there is the WS469, but it responds to an ALL LIGHTS ON command.

Not quite the option I'm looking for.

I know there's the WS13 and WS14, but they respond to the ALL LIGHTS OFF command. This is a better option.

I'm super partial to the switchlinc 23885, which I can't get in the X10 flavor anymore. 

Is there anything out there I'm missing? A10 X10?
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Current Options
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 10:12:45 PM »

For your ceiling fan you could use a wired in XPFM.
The new ones are very silent  at the switch you could use a XPT-NS and what ever style key pad you wished like the XP1-W-NS or XP2D-W-NS .
You may be able to use the same setup for your pumps or just a regular appliance module with the same transmitter switch.
 >!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 10:14:38 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 12:24:39 AM »

Two modules for that solution. I'm intrigued, but would have to reconfigure some physical items.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

x10wizard

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 07:35:41 PM »

Leviton HCS08-1TW two-way DHC/X10 true rocker relay switch (both new and used on eBay, but a little pricey) is closest thing to Switchlinc 23885.

Leviton HCS10-1SW one-way DHC/X10 true rocker relay switch (used on eBay), but these do not transmit, so no way for a hub to know status.

Insteon Micro On/Off 2443-222 (still X10 capable according to the manual) could be used behind a decora switch if there is enough room in the box.

ACT RF124 isolated relay modules (sometimes found on eBay) could be used in the same way Tuicemen suggested for the XPFM for the fans.  The great thing about the RF124 modules is that they can be set up to either respond or not respond to each of the following: All Lights On, All Units Off, and All Lights Off.

In my house, I use the RF124 modules (in boxes in the attic) for the ceiling fans.  I have Fanimation DC motor fans, which retain their previous On/Off status and speed setting when power is shut off (many others brands will also retain the settings in the same manner).  Each room has a keypadlinc with a button that controls the RF124 and thus the fan.  Normally you don't need to adjust the fan speed, just leave it at one setting, so On/Off control only is adequate.  Can always use the fan remote to change speed if desired.  With a labeled, color coded, backlit button for the fan on the keypadlinc, WAF is very high.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.