📱X10 WIFI > 🐞X10 WIFI App problems or bugs

Send in your issues to support!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Tuicemen:

--- Quote from: JeffVolp on September 24, 2018, 04:13:16 PM ---I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars on a new phone just to run an X10 app.

--- End quote ---
And no one should have to the main issue is the phone manufactures. Some newer OS versions will not run some older software B:(
Just like newer versions of Windows will not run older software or older Windows OS versions will not run newer software. :(

ceedee:
Ok, then X10 has to be very explicit on what platforms and OS it tested on and supports.  The iOS app runs fine on my 10.3 phone,  but not well on my iPad, running iOS 11 and 12.  If the marketing literature indicates iOS, I assume all iOS, unless they say otherwise. 

It’s ok to not support *everthing*. This is a daunting task, even for the big guns.  Just tell me what works, and I’ll deal with it.

JeffVolp:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on September 24, 2018, 04:27:13 PM ---Just like newer versions of Windows will not run older software or older Windows OS versions will not run newer software. :(
--- End quote ---

That's why I've frozen my PCs at Win7, and still have two XP machines in reserve.  Some programs like the Carrier/Bryant HVAC program will only run on the Win7 XP emulator, and no update is available.

Jeff

Knightrider:
It sounds like this discussion has evolved to the need for a web page interface and not an app.

Tuicemen:

--- Quote from: Knightrider on September 24, 2018, 06:12:58 PM ---It sounds like this discussion has evolved to the need for a web page interface and not an app.

--- End quote ---
I always believed that was the better option! Users should stress that when contacting support. It would be a great work around for those with connection, and sync issues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version