📱X10 WIFI > 🐞X10 WIFI App problems or bugs

Can't See QR Code (Can't Access Camera)

<< < (2/8) > >>

brobin:
I agree that it sounds like the camera isn't being activated correctly by the scanning programs.  You might want to look at the permissions for the scanning apps to ensure that 'Camera' is set to 'on' or 'yes' and in the camera app itself check that the 'Draw over other apps' setting is on.  In the camera settings check to see if there's a way to enhance the contrast or brightness.  Set the flash to always and if it doesn't come on that might be a clue that the camera isn't being activated.  If none of that helps try dl'ing another camera app from the play store. I've used 'A Better Camera' and it worked better than the stock app on the Galaxy S5 when I had that phone. Hope these thoughts help.

Noam:

--- Quote from: Walt2 on October 03, 2018, 08:39:12 AM ---... I downloaded a couple of different QR Code reader apps from Google Play, and guess what.   None of them work.   Just like with the X10 app, all I get is a blank/black screen with a red horizontal line. 

--- End quote ---

Sounds like an issue with the device, and/or the OS on it. If other QR-scanning apps can't properly access the camera, then it isn't something specific to the X10 app - and there is likely nothing that can be done in the X10 app to correct it.
Have you tried rebooting the device?
It sounds like the device has multiple cameras (I'm guessing front and rear). Are there options in *any* of the other QR reader programs to select which camera is used with the app? Most QR scanner programs can scan normal barcodes, too. I'd try one of those (off a box of cereal, for example) to see if it can read it.

Walt2:

--- Quote from: Walt2 on October 01, 2018, 07:54:00 PM ---Yes, the first time thru it triggered a pop up asking if the app can access the camera.   I clicked on "allow".    I have since went into Settings App, and have verified that the X10 app does indeed have permission to access the camera.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: brobin on October 03, 2018, 02:46:38 PM ---You might want to look at the permissions for the scanning apps to ensure that 'Camera' is set to 'on' or 'yes' and in the camera app itself check that the 'Draw over other apps' setting is on. 
--- End quote ---

While I did check permissions, I didn't know about any settings that might be required in the camera app itself.   I'll check that tonight.   Thanks.

Walt2:

--- Quote from: Noam on October 03, 2018, 04:05:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: Walt2 on October 03, 2018, 08:39:12 AM ---... I downloaded a couple of different QR Code reader apps from Google Play, and guess what.   None of them work.   Just like with the X10 app, all I get is a blank/black screen with a red horizontal line. 

--- End quote ---

Sounds like an issue with the device, and/or the OS on it. If other QR-scanning apps can't properly access the camera, then it isn't something specific to the X10 app - and there is likely nothing that can be done in the X10 app to correct it.
Have you tried rebooting the device?
It sounds like the device has multiple cameras (I'm guessing front and rear). Are there options in *any* of the other QR reader programs to select which camera is used with the app? Most QR scanner programs can scan normal barcodes, too. I'd try one of those (off a box of cereal, for example) to see if it can read it.

--- End quote ---

Device has been rebooted a few times.

To my surprise, none of the QR Reader programs, including the X10 app, ask which camera to use.  Hay, even my phone has two cameras.   I did check, and neither my new tablet's rear camera (the one I would expect... again on my phone the X10 app selects the rear camera) nor the tablet's front facing camera are being activated.    I'll mention this again, that my "nanny cam" app works, but in its settings, does allow the user to select which camera to use.

Maybe its that apps which query the OS on cameras which are available, and offers the user select one, works OK.   However, apps which simply assume a camera, are all assuming wrong (there is no camera defined by the OS to be the default?).

brobin:
Did you try a different camera app and set it as the default?  I wouldn't be surprised if that solved your problem. The free app named 'A Better Camera' is a good one to try.  You can always uninstall t if it doesn't work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version