Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: WM100 will not connect?  (Read 6245 times)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: WM100 will not connect?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2018, 09:48:32 AM »

Based on how I was handled today and previous comments, I am choosing to run.
Was just hoping to be able to set up timers and take advantage of the dusk/dawn feature.

I think you made the right choice to return the WM100. It won't do what you want (not very well, and not for very long - if you *ever* have any power interruptions), so getting a refund while you still can is probably the best option for you.

I wish that Authinx would come to their senses about this product, and either find a way to get the manufacturer/developer to fix all the problems (and make the product work the way it was advertised), or cut their losses and start again (with in-house development).

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 10:56:51 AM »

Thanks. I had already sent them an email telling them I wanted an RMA but now that I’ve calmed down, I really want to keep this, if I can ever get it working! I will send them everything and see what happens. Again, thanks for your help.

Take the refund and run... over to the thread about the Pi X10 Hub. With a Raspberry Pi Zero W (under $25 for all you'll need) you'll have everything and more than the WM100 can & will ever do and you'll put $75 back in your wallet. Also, Dave Houston is taking a different tack and developing his 'WM101' as another good option to the failed WM100 from X10. You can read more in that thread too.

Would love to pursue that but after reading some posts in that thread I understand when I am out of my element! Way out of my league!! Shoot, I actually thought a Raspberry Pi was a pie with Raspberries in it. Go figure.

Noam-  Setting up the Raspberry Pi image that Tuiceman is preparing shouldn't be difficult as he designed it to be done by people with no experience at all.  He's created a step-by-step guide that requires no previous knowledge.  Given the minimal investment required (under $25 for everything) you might want to give it a try.

m82a1pa

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 11:12:20 AM »

Where's the guide and the thread?  I looked a bit and can't find it.  Thanks.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 11:37:57 AM »

Currently the image download, install guide and related threads are only accessable to Beta testers. If anyone is interested in going the Pi X10Hub route PM me and I'll set you up as a tester.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

lgb0250

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2018, 04:06:48 PM »

[/quote]  that thread was the early developement of using a Pi and Cm15. I have put together a SD card image that does all the heavy lifting although still in the testing stages using users simular in their understanding  of a raspberry pi as you. I'm sure you'd have no difficulties getting up and running if your interested.
[/quote]

That’s a very kind offer. I have pm’d you. Thanks

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 11:09:20 PM »

That’s a very kind offer. I have pm’d you. Thanks 

:)%   >!
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.