📱🖥️PiX10Hub > 💬General Discussion

What is the PiX10Hub?

(1/17) > >>

Tuicemen:
The PiX10Hub is not an Authinx designed product!
I was designed and created by members of the X10 community so your input will directly affect the direction this continues to go in.

The PiX10Hub is a colection of  open source programs that uses the combination of a Pi and a x10 pc interface.
The PiX10Hub has two open source programs currently preloaded and boots to an inital boot screen to setup time and location as well as a few other things. It is designed to (once set up) sit quietly in a corner handling all your HA requirements.
All HA (x10 & other protocol) configuration is done via a HomeGenie Web GUI.
Some Q&A:
1: Do I need any special skills?
No! PI knowledge is not required to get started nor do you need to go down the Linux rabbit hole (unless you wish too)
2: Will it replace the CM15A/AHP combo?
Yes, It already has for me.
3: Will it replace the WM100 and it's apps? 
rofl That wasn't hard to do, Yes!
4: Do I still need a Computer?
For initial setup, so yes!
However afterwards any device that has a browser can connect to it via Wi-Fi.
You may wish to connect wirelessly every so often to do safe shutdown and backup the SD card, although it is possible to do regular backups of the configuration of the two HA programs via another device.
5: What x10 interfaces are supported with the image?
The PiX10Hub was created arround using a CM15a, however it is possible to use the CM11, CM17, and CM19 with some tinkering.
Want to know more?
Just ask! ;)

petera:
And remember folks once the Pi X10 hub is up and running you can leave it hidden away as you do currently with your CM15. Little or no extra power required to leave it running 24/7, it's quiet, no motors or fans running etc. You no longer need batteries in your CM15 either. All the intelligence is stored on the SD card in the Pi. And as Tuicemen states, it's yours the X10 community to configure as you will. Once you Pi arrives you're ready to go.

Tuicemen:
The testers realy are doing a fantastic job of finding issues.
Some of these possible issues users may encounter are not that of the image but more the other softwares being used. Those issues have been submitted to the prospective developers and are on the lists of adds.
In the mean time we have found work arounds for those issues should users experience them before they are addressed in the softwares.
 >!

LostDog88:
So...........I am interested in this. Currently I am using an older laptop. 2G on a LAN to stream all my TV needs and run Home Genie.

I am running Cinnamon. I want to split these up and think that a Pi would be the best thing to run my Automation. What I would love to do is put this in a box somewhere with a CM15 that I have and just run it off of a breaker in case I needed to reboot it. Remote access. Etc.

One box for the Automation. One box for the TV.

Tuicemen:

--- Quote from: LostDog88 on December 17, 2018, 10:33:00 PM ---What I would love to do is put this in a box somewhere with a CM15 that I have and just run it off of a breaker in case I needed to reboot it. Remote access. Etc.

--- End quote ---
The nice thing with a Pi Zero W which this project was originaly created for, is it will fit inside a CM15. And no soldering skills are required unless you wish to connect the USB inside the Cm15 to cut down on external wires. However you can also get very short USB cords from Amazon, ebay,or your local computer shop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version