Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Please Use the forum for questions on the PiX10Hub!  (Read 11041 times)

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: Please Use the forum for questions on the PiX10Hub!
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2019, 05:25:01 PM »

"sudo halt" also works.  Lots of ways to do the same thing.

edjal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2019, 09:56:11 AM »

Thanks to all of you for your help w shutdown. Mike I used sudo shutdown made an image of the Rpi SD card as you suggested and have my timers working perfectly. Still having trouble with macros. May ask for more help If I cant get anywhere. I only use 2 macros.

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2019, 01:05:34 PM »

Excellent Edjal! 

REmember to watch for HG updates (in HG configure->maintenance) (latest is Version v1.3-stable.5)

They also say to update your raspberry pi;  I do a few times per year now (google updating Pi for methods;  I cannever remember upgrade, update commands so google it myself each time.  Good easy descrip example is  https://opensource.com/article/19/3/how-raspberry-pi-update)

FYI, I found HG's "Record Macro" feature best for making a new macro for me;  then go into it and eventually learned how to copy/paste/add/edit lines in made in the macro to do what I want.

Lots of us here to help with questions - how I got to be able to manage my HG! 

BTW, do you use an X10 security system (for DS10 window/door sensors)?  If so, you can automate HG to handle that for you too.  With HEAVY help from the smart dudes on this site I do.  Each evening HG ARMS my X10 security module, then each morning it DISARMS it.  During the night if any sensor is triggered it EMAILS me an alert telling which sensor triggered.  So it is much simple now to ARM myself and go check out a specific location!  Living in the middle of a thick 40 acre forest 3/4 mile off the road means we must be sorta self sufficient...

edjal

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2019, 01:42:46 PM »

Hi Mike I do not use an Alarm system per say. I use an exterior X10 Ms16a motion sensor  set at B2 and with AHP It had a macro turn on Chime module B1 between hours of 8:30 am to 10:30pm. From 10:35pm till 8:25am turn on exterior lights Module set at A4 5 min then reset. So far if I trigger the x10 Icon driveway macro I created it ring the chime and shuts down as commanded but if I actually walk in front of the sensor B2 it does not trigger the macro for some reason

edjal

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2019, 02:35:34 PM »

Here is my driveway alert Macro attached.  When I activated the macro using desktop icon in HG pictured it activates and times out perfectly the Macro. However if I activate with motion the Ms16a motion sensor which should start the macro it doesn't start the macro. I cant for the life of me figure out why the motion sensor b2 refuses to communicate with the Driveway Alert Macro program. I can see in HG the B2 sensor is telling HG it is on level 1 when sensing motion.
I'm hoping someone will help me. I am stuck

edjal

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2019, 09:31:40 PM »

here is the program code

edjal

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2019, 09:33:17 PM »

Here is HG x10 modules page

edjal

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2019, 09:34:45 PM »

Hrere is my HG

mike

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2019, 10:01:06 AM »

Your issue may be HG related...  All 3 screen shots look fine...   

What version HG are  you using?  I am on HomeGenie Version v1.3-stable.5

Here is why I am concerned it may be HG:   I just tried turning on a simple lite, then tried another, in HG:  nothing!  But HG reported sending the approriate command to my cm15!   

So to diagnose, I plugged my cm15 into my computer instead and used Active Home Pro to test it:  sending and receiving both RF and powerline just fine!  So plugged back into Pi, still no go...

Tried RESTART command in HG under maint tab - no change.

Tried sudo reboot on pi - no change.

It appears my HG is not communicating with the cm15 any longer! 

I must admit I never in past checked that it still worked after updates. My HG internally is running and working as I can click on other icons in it to send a command to HA program that then sends via wifi to my Broadlink RM+ which activates or disarms my alarm system.  Any my timer/macro combination to turn off a set of 7 X10 modules every 20 minutes is running (reports in HG top right window sending the commands - although I confirmed again they are not going thru the cm15 to the powerline!)

GUESS BOTTOM LINE IS WE NEED TO VERIFY HG STILL TALKS TO CM15 AFTER ANY UPDATES OR CHANGES!

no sure where to go from here next, other than maybe get confirmation from others that their HomeGenie Version v1.3-stable.5 is working with cm15?

And do pi update/command to see if it was a last update that broke it?

Any other ideas welcome!

UPDATE:  MINE IS WORKING AGAIN...  in my testing, after verifying the cm15 was working on AHP, I plugged it back into the Pi - bt into the old non working hardwired USB connector...  So my restart of HG, Pi reboot tests above were invalid:  one of those things may have fixed the issue.  By the time I figured out I used the wrong connector, I was/am 1/2 way thru Pi upgrades (sudo apt-get update then sudo apt-get dist-upgrade).  So I do not know which of these 3 things fixed it.  I apologize.   Bottom line edjal is to try to verify the cm15 is working then do HG restart, PI reboot, then update.  It sure seems like I just experienced your same problem (HG reports sending commands but cm15 does not actually send them   AND HG does not appear to receive commands that should have come from cm15).   Hope this helps some?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 10:14:39 AM by mike »

edjal

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2019, 11:35:33 AM »

Hi Mike I really do appreciate your help with my HG issues. It appears you really have the knowledge to troubleshoot HG issues. I am using Home Genie Version v1.3-stable.5. I believe my HG is communicating with  CM15a. Here is why. I have the pole light and the furnace on a schedule and for the most part they function properly and do follow the schedule. I have had a couple of phantom commands on the furnace where I found the furnace came on before scheduled time, and I don't know why? If you look at the My HG screenshot of x10 group you will see the icon for Driveway alert Macro. If I click on that Macro on button the Macro performs perfectly It shows the Ms16 motion sensor (Driveway Sensor x10B2) activates then activates the chime (Driveway Alert X10 B1) then times out according to macro commands. The problem is if I try to activate the macro by using actual motion at the MS 16 (driveway sensor X10B2) shows it has been activated but it wont activate the macro and chime.
   I also have an x10 palm pad remote HR12A and if I command an on or off function to the furnace or pole light they do respond correctly.

edjal

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2019, 01:43:15 PM »

More strange happenings In the process of checking functionality of 2 different MS16s I programmed ea to A8 then tried A6 paired with a x10 appliance module on A8 then A6  then put motion in front of MS16 it not only activated the appliance module but turned on xmas tree X10A1 and activated the Driveway Alert X10 B1 continually until I removed batteries from the MS16. So it appears my MS16s are functional but I don't understand why they are sending to all these X10 addresses they are not commanded to? So Frustrating!!

edjal

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2019, 03:59:56 PM »

Hi Mike
   I took your suggestion restarted HG and did the two sudo update commands you recommended and it has not helped my situation.   edjal

mike

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2019, 04:36:43 PM »

Darn.  I have not had time to study your 3 posts well...   I will try to tonight and give any feedback I can...  You seem very close.

edjal

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2019, 06:12:45 PM »

Hi Mike
   I am grateful that you take any time to help.  This is certainly no emergency and can wait. I am very happy you helped me get started. My schedules are working. When you do have time to look into it
    I may have a clue to the problem I have not added or knowingly edited any widgets to this point. I was looking at widget "Home Genie/Generic/Light" and it is bound to "HomeAutomation.X10.RF.1"    Also widget "homegenie/generic/sensor" is bound to  "MultiSensor"   and "homegenie/generic/switch"  is bound to "Boiler Switch"  The boiler switch and Multi sensor are part of the pre loaded HG programs on the dashboard that I don't use. I wonder if this is part of problem.  Edjal

mike

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2019, 09:35:34 AM »

Edjal you went beyond my understanding when you compare widget bindings;  I have no idea how that works...

Did you discover the LOG yet?  It can be very helpful even tho it is sorta hard to read and unsterstand sometimes...  config->maint.  Try downloading it and see if it gives any clues?  it is a .csv file so it will automaticallly try to open in Word or open office with csv columns - just click thru it as recommended and you will see what it is all about.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.