Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help with CM19a  (Read 1936 times)

alzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Help with CM19a
« on: December 27, 2018, 09:07:36 AM »

I am using cm19a in HG on the Pix10hub Running on Pi Zero W.

I have my cm15a unplugged also its RF interface is disabled. I have shutdown my Alex10 app and its HA bridge. I have no other x10 software running and cm19a is my only x10 interface. I use at v572a tranceiver. I have cm19a selected as the x10 interface in HG. Interface function is erratic. If a command is not sent to cm19a for several seconds, it takes two clicks of an x10 module On or Off button in HG for the cm19a to transmit the command. Its like the first click wakes it up and the second transmits the command.
Note: my RF connection and v572 reponse is very reliable as I have very excellent results with cm19a control when running it with Alex10 and Yes, I have posted this issue on HG.Club several days ago and have gotten no response so i thought I would try here.
Any help is appreciated!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Help with CM19a
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 12:51:49 PM »

It is possible to send two on or off x10 signals with HA-Bridge to HG or you can create HG macros which sends the X10 command twice.
mike had to do this for one or two trouble locations using the CM15 so I imagine that would work for the CM19.
I've not played with the CM19 very much other then doing some simple testing for Gene.
I'll maybe fire that Pi back up and do some more experimenting.
 >!

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

alzy

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 01:04:47 PM »

Thanks Tuicemen! The other thing I noticed is that it appears the flash of the led on the CM19a when sending a command is shorter when using HG than when using Alex10 if that means anything.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 04:23:06 PM »

Note: my RF connection and v572 reponse is very reliable as I have very excellent results with cm19a control when running it with Alex10 and Yes, I have posted this issue on HG.Club several days ago and have gotten no response so i thought I would try here.
the issue you reported shouldn't have been posted on HG.club as that is for HG.BE though simular it has no Cm19 support. the issue should have been reported here: https://github.com/genielabs/HomeGenie/issues Gene is actively working on the code so any issue should get looked at fairly quickly.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

alzy

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 04:47:39 PM »

Ok! Posted it there!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 04:54:24 PM »

That will get the correct person looking at the issue Although the HomeGenie.Be addition is ported from Genes work it seems to be moving in a different direction and away from X10.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

alzy

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 05:05:30 PM »

OK, we'll see. I really would like to stay with the cm19a. It is working so well with Alex10.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 05:23:16 PM »

OK, we'll see. I really would like to stay with the cm19a. It is working so well with Alex10.
If your using it with HA-Bridge just edit the sends so you send the on item twice  and the off item twice just remember to click the add button to the right of the row then click update device at the top.

That should do the trick till the issue is resolved.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

alzy

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 05:42:42 PM »

Thanks! good to know! But I will also have to add double commands to all my macros and timers when porting to HG. Ugh B:(

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 05:52:16 PM »

If you edit things in HG for the double calls you don't need to do it in HA-Bridge.

I know it is a sloppy work arround but it may not be needed for macro calls or timers, as you stated it was when you did a mouse click on the button in HG. If it is for all x10 RF sends then that may be a more envolved issue.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.