Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lights on "A1" come on daily at 3P , on raspberry pi running Heyu with CM11a  (Read 2273 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

When I used AHP 3.318 and a CM11A. I found it was not 100% working. Some features didn't function correctly. Don't remember if clear interface memory was one of them.

Unplugging the PL513 would narrow down the possibilities.

jjs7cams

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Yes adding an additional timer to shut down 1 a minute or so later would work, but so far i do not know how to add a timer using the Raspberry Pi and Heyu with the CM11a.  If someone has done this please advise, but I am researching how to do this as it might be the simple solution.

Which raises a question.  Could I use AHP on an old windows computer to set the timer on the CM11a and then reconnect to the Raspberry PI? 

As I posted earlier however, I did try to clear the CM11a using AHP but I received errors in doing so. So apparently it did not work.

Thanks
jjs7cams

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157

Yes, hooking it up to an old PC you could do that but then the memory won't be cleared for use with the Pi!  B:( But, you could add a timer and then try to clear the memory again. But first wait and see what happens today with the 513 unplugged.  I didn't ask before but is the CM11 plugged in?

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51

I didn't see this mentioned in the thread, but have you tried unplugging the CM11A, to see if the lights still come on at 3 PM? If they do, then it isn't the CM11A - it is either the ADT interface, or an external command from somewhere (a neighbor, a motion sensor, etc?).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 09:49:30 AM by Noam »

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27

This looks like the model you highlighted https://www.adt.com/content/dam/adt/downloads/manuals/manual_safewatch_pro_3000_entrepreneur.pdf

Might be worth having a read of it to familiarise yourself with the panel.

Alarm companies used the likes of the 513 as an OEM solution to implementing X10 on their panels
They are not really programmable for the end user but it can be done. You should be able to create and delete events from the keypad though. The link to the manual should explain how.

jjs7cams

Yes I did unplug the CM11a and had the Pi off the other day and nothing happened, so pretty convinced it is the PI and or the CM11a and not the PL513.

By the way I did hook up the CM11a and installed AHP on another old xp computer this morning that has a real serial port.  Used AHP and this time it did not give an error when cleared all macros. So we will see what happens at 3P today.

I did find the security manual on line as well and wil check it out. Would love to get it changed to another house code, but if ADT can figure out how to do it I'm sure they will want some payment.

Can't thank all of you enough for the responses and advice. 

Will post later today what happens.

Thanks

jjs7cams

petera

• PI Expert

If you fancy your chances here's a copy of the 513 Tech Note https://www.manualslib.com/manual/338867/X10-Powerhouse-Pl513.html#manual

petera

• PI Expert

This should explain how you can change house code. In most cases you will need an engineer/installer code to make these changes. If you don't have one ask ADT for one. You are entitled to it. http://www.shieldlab.com/forum/index.php?topic=3081.0

brobin

As I suspected it's a Vista 20 - a very popular panel. Plenty of online sources for the programming manual. But you may not need it since you already proved that the panel isn't the problem when nothing happened while the CM11a was unplugged.  Hopefully your latest attempt at clearing the memory solved the issue.

BTW, I've been using Alarm Relay for monitoring for about 15 years and they're great to work with. They're happy to work with homeowners who have their own panels and they're much less expensive than companies like ADT.   

jjs7cams

Solved.  Looks like clearing the CM11a worked.  At 3P nothing happened at least for today.  CM11a plugged in, PL513 also in place, Raspberry pi running and working.  So THANKS to all for the guidance.

I will look at changing the address for the ADT interface, but for now all seems ok.

Still not sure how the CM11a works.  I have no batteries installed so I am assuming the macros are burned into the CM11a and stay there until modified or removed. Is AHP software the only way to do that.  I would like to experiment with some selective timing sequences but not sure where to start.

There is some vague, at least to me, reference in the Heyu documentation that timing sequences can be done through Heyu and the Raspberry Pi, I assume from the terminal line. Way beyond me now unless someone can provide some direction.

Again thanks

jjs7cams

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

The CM11A has a small EEPROM memory in it. To hold some programming.
It does no loose the programming when power is removed. It has to be cleared.

brobin

Glad to hear youv'e got it working!

petera

• PI Expert

With a fresh copy of Raspbian, the Raspberry Pi OS with nothing else installed just follow this simply written instruction. https://blog.wouterspaans.nl/2017/02/23/control-your-x10-lights-from-a-raspberry-pi/

Once installed there are sample scripts you can use. They can be found in the heyu folder installed on the SD card.

Just do a little googling if you need any further info on Heyu.

Yes as mentioned you flash the CM11 EEPROM with macros and timers. You can also flash them clear as you have now done.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.