Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 wifi hub has stopped working - troubleshooting not working so far  (Read 2736 times)

fredhag

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I bought my WM100 about a year ago, but finally installed it about a month ago.  It had been working well until a week ago.  It then began working intermittently, i.e., it would stop working and then I'd get it to work the next day.  Just yesterday, it seemed to open the garage door without having commanded the app (Android phone) to open it.  I am wondering whether it was an errant call to the door or whether it may have been delayed several hours from one of the times I tried to open it).  I checked that no other x10 controls were running.  I then tried to use my phone, but it wouldn't work again.  In every case, the app says it's connected.  For troubleshooting, I've tried:
* moving the hub a few feet from my router
* moving the hub closer to the garage X10 receivers
* resetting the app and WM100 and setting up again from scratch (from factory settings)
* restarting my phone
* reinstalling my phone app
* disconnecting my X10 transceiver (wondering if there may be interference)
* double-checked my router to see if the WM100 is showing up on the connected devices
* checked to see if my other X10 controls are working (they are)

I do see the blue LED on the WM100 flash when sending the commands from my phone.

I see some posts about server outages, but I haven't looked deeply.  Does this mean that the phone app actually connects to a cloud server that then sends commands to the WM100 at the home.  If so, is there a weak link in how the WM100 bypasses router firewalls?

Thanks.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: X10 wifi hub has stopped working - troubleshooting not working so far
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 09:57:38 AM »

I do see the blue LED on the WM100 flash when sending the commands from my phone.
I'm wondering; when you send X10 commands from a different device (Palm Pad, Maxi controller, etc.) does the light blink orange? At least that would indicate the PLC receiver in the WM100 is also working. Since you did a factory reset I wonder if it could be an app problem? Although that seems like a big stretch.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.