📱🖥️PiX10Hub > 🏥Help and Trouble Shooting

Using Two or more PiX10Hubs (HG servers)?

(1/4) > >>

Tuicemen:
I currently have two HG servers setup in my city place not because I have a large setup but because one is accessible to the web hence security is enabled on it which stops the HGEchoBridge from working. Also one has a added board on the zeroW which allows a Zwave stick as well as my cm19 to be attached.
I'd love to forward status of my Zwave devices to the other Zero W which only has a Cm15 attached but not sure if this is possible. I notice HG does have a Status forwarding  program and a few other goodies in the interconnections section. However I'm a bit stuck (puzzled) as to how and set this up. ::) :'
Has anyone setup any of the interconnection programs?

bkenobi:
If you search the archive of the old HG forum on the HG.club site, you might find an answer.  I remember some discussion about it but I've never used that feature.  I only have 1 RPi set up that is intended to remain running for HA so I've never tried the communication.

racerfern:
What are you trying to accomplish?
Could you read the status on the one with the z-wave stick and email to the other one?
Can HG read the email or if they're on the same network can one write a file the other one can read?

bkenobi:
HG has a system already designed to communicate between multiple HG machines.  The code is based on MQTT and works out of the box if you configure the settings to point at each other.  I don't have 2 machines to try it with currently but, like I said, there are some threads on the old HG forum that discussed setting it up if needed.  I'm sure you could design something else to accomplish the same thing, but MQTT is very fast, light weight, and ready to go so why.

Tuicemen:
There is some documentation in the User guide for interconnections https://genielabs.github.io/HomeGenie/#/docs/interconnect
Which seems easy enough to setup however I can't get the settings to show (yet).
I believe I read on the old forum you have to enable more then one of the interconnection programs.

I guess I was hoping someone was using this with a more up to date HG version to confirm things work. Guess I'll be the tester.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version