Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Time to Replace x10 - but what with????  (Read 5193 times)

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: Time to Replace x10 - but what with????
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 11:51:17 AM »

I don't know if Homegenie will address zigbee but it will definitely address z-wave and obviously X10.

I don't think HG supports Zigbee.  I looked for it a while back since a HD hub I trialed supported it, but in the end it did not.  It could always be added as HG is open source and I suspect Gene would answer any questions for someone attempting to implement it.  However, I suspect it would take someone well acquainted with C# coding and the Zigbee standard to make that happen.

racerfern

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 01:42:25 PM »

However, I suspect it would take someone well acquainted with C# coding and the Zigbee standard to make that happen.

Interesting, because the Dresden board https://amzn.to/2TAWDA5 I use has quite a bit of documentation on Github. https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin

I suppose if HG support Philips Hub, it should be able to support a generic zigbee board. Minds smarter than mine will have to figure that out.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 01:55:29 PM by racerfern »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2019, 11:08:39 PM »

If you just want to add a few new devices in separate Alexa enabled setup why not just pick-up an Echo Plus Echo. The Plus (2nd Gen) works with Philips Hue Bulbs and most ZigBee devices with a built-in ZigBee hub. You can never have too many echo devices.... IMHO.
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.