Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 🛡Arm/Disarm sync of HG and X10 Security console  (Read 5470 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
🛡Arm/Disarm sync of HG and X10 Security console
« on: February 13, 2019, 08:49:54 AM »

(Works with New UI)
These aren't difficult to setup as they are basic wizard scripts.
Though I don't recommend using the key Flobs for this the scripts are setup that way.
It is easy to edit the scripts trigger and watch for the RF signal from a security remote SH24 which would be more secure.

These were posted originally by Gene on GitHub. Just rename the attached to 1009-X10_Remote_.zip then unzip and import the script you wish to the security group.
 >!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 11:02:26 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
Re: Arm/Disarm sync of HG and X10 Security console
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 09:21:03 AM »

The above attachment includes a ArmHome.hgx script but Not sure how that works as all the North American security keyflobs I have only have the Arm(which is away) Disarm and Panic (which is both arm and disarm pushed at the same time)options.
Maybe the European flobs are different. ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 12:49:13 PM »

It is easy to edit the scripts trigger and watch for the RF signal from a security remote SH24 which would be more secure.
I don't use security devices, but I'm curious about how using them would make anything more secure.  Does it send a special rotating code?  Even if it does, HG would have to know how it rotates so wouldn't that mean anyone else could do the same thing.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 01:27:18 PM »

I don't use security devices, but I'm curious about how using them would make anything more secure.  Does it send a special rotating code?  Even if it does, HG would have to know how it rotates so wouldn't that mean anyone else could do the same thing.
Using the RF security signal verses the keyFlob Armed_Away condition means someone would have to know your using HG and X10 as well as the Keyflob RF security code signal. Each security device remote and sensor must be registered with the X10 security console to arm disarm the console just like they must be configured in HG.

HomeGenie sees all RF regular X10 and security codes. Some of versions (in my testing) regardless of whether or not that particular flob was configured in HG, HG would set the one configure to the condition of the flob button pressed of one not configured. B:(
I just retested this with the current version (37) and that is still the case on my end.
The HG security system itself watches for the RF signal not the flobs actual condition. But you can write a script to arm/disarm on any modules condition. Since the flob configured in HG can be changed by a none configured flob this is not secure.
Even if this bug does get fixed there is no guarantee it won't resurface.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
Re:Arm/Disarm sync of HG and X10 Security console
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2023, 04:14:19 PM »

Although this works with the new UI I wanted to have a 10 Keyflob arm/disarm the x10 console as well as change the HG security system status (armed/disarmed)
I had this working in the old UI but until now was unable to figure it out.
Since the wizard script is not available in the new HG you need to use the VPL (similar to the wizard)
Attached is a screenshot of my disarm program you must copy and paste Your X10RF Receiver.RawData code to the case line
To make a Arm program you'd change the case code to that for the  Receiver.RawData Arm code and change the  Security Alarm System command to On
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 04:37:15 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.