Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Homeseer app  (Read 1660 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Homeseer app
« on: February 14, 2019, 08:46:09 PM »

For you Homeseer users, have you seen the new "Homeseer Mobile" Android App? Much better that the older "Homeseer Touch" App. Homeseer Mobile is much more configurable that Homeseer Touch. HS Mobile downloads all your devices and organizes them under rooms or floors, then alphabetically. Also downloads all your events. You can build screens for each room.

I just downloaded so have not began customizing, but it makes me wish I had not invested in the expensive Homeseer Touch Designer.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

racerfern

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: Homeseer app
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 05:31:16 AM »

As an avid HS3 user, I agree 100% on all counts.

I too bought the Touch Designer but never did much with it. It's great for built-in tablets as control centers, not so much for mobile.

It is interesting to see what some people have done.
https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/homeseer-products-services/system-software-controllers/hs3touch/hs3touch-designer/1240036-screens-created-with-hstouch-designer

Each one does have a purpose I suppose.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 07:49:56 AM by racerfern »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 08:18:19 AM »

We have an iPad that now-a-days is mostly used by the granddaughters (ages 3 & 4) to play games on.

But I had often thought that a "coffee table" tablet-like device would be excellent for visitors or anyone wanting quick info from on-line. Having to ability to control all the home automation (via an app) would be a bonus. But... I am not sure kids games and HA would be enough for me to bother with. As most guests (above age eight) have their phones for internet contact.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 10:01:19 AM »

As an avid HS3 user, I agree 100% on all counts.
I too bought the Touch Designer but never did much with it. It's great for built-in tablets as control centers, not so much for mobile.
Yes I bought Designer to make screens for two Motorola Xoom tablets, to be used as coffee table or wall mount controls. Had it for two years and have only created some screens, but otherwise, still have nothing to show. I can't use Homeseer Mobile on the Honeycomb Android version Xooms, so still may get some use out of the Designer investment.   

racerfern

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 10:15:30 AM »

I can't use Homeseer Mobile on the Honeycomb Android version Xooms, so still may get some use out of the Designer investment.

But you still have the original HS Touch available as a basic android app. Does that work for you, it should?

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 10:23:05 AM »

I can't use Homeseer Mobile on the Honeycomb Android version Xooms, so still may get some use out of the Designer investment.
But you still have the original HS Touch available as a basic android app. Does that work for you, it should?
Yes, I will use Touch on the tablets. I just wanted to make custom screens (A screen for each room in home and a screen for cameras) with the Touch Designer. Sometimes in retirement it becomes too easy to procrastinate.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.