Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No Acess to Security Group  (Read 1097 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
No Acess to Security Group
« on: February 22, 2019, 11:22:16 AM »

rebooting pi after getting access to programs page again for a minute to shut off the new program..  that did not let my security page comeback...  security page with all my DS10's shown is still MIA. 

Tuicemen, I a m REALLY GOOD at finding ANY weak link in software.http://forums.x10.com/Smileys/default/undecided.gif

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: No Acess to Security Group
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 11:53:45 AM »

I had that issue prior to creating this many times a browser refresh fixed it other times I had to close the browser and reopen it. I think it might be a browser issue with HG. ::) :'
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 05:42:42 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 01:35:40 PM »

I mentioned this in another thread (I think) but this is probably related to a cache setting in your browser.  I believe there is an issue on github that covers it.  I know there was a thread on the old HG forum.

mike

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 03:44:29 PM »

know I have been using both chrome and firefox browsers:  I am impatient, so I use one on each monitor at same time so I can make changes and try stuff quicker on the other browser.  BOTH have locked out security modules.

- added jUtil sunrise thing:  no change
- closed, opened chrome browser:  no change
- cleared browser chache and cookies:  no change
- deleted smart email program:  no change

- restore 4pm good HGbackup from yesterday:  no change!!!
- reboot pi next after restore:  no change
-
-add ds10 to test group, change to switch instead of door/window type: WORKS!
- change ds10 BACK from switch to door/window - POOF!  MAGIC!  works again and does not lock the group!

So Tuiceman, whatever your smart emailer does to add the email routines to door/window sensors here, it does it at some level in HG that a restore will not correct.  That is the bottom line of what I see here.

Perhaps tonight I can study up on HOW you added email capability to all those normal HG modules and help identify the issue?

At this point I cannot recover my security group, no matter what I do above - I think because I cannot get access to that group in config to delete the modules and start over calling them switches instead...

I will tonight see if I can figure a way to delete a group when it won't let me access to it.  If I can, I will delete all my security ds10's and then make a new group and add them back one at a time as switches instead, then come back and change to door/window.  Whew!  Ain't this fun?

Does this help you see any issue maybe?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 05:43:44 PM »

Does this help you see any issue maybe?
I run this on both my zero W pi boards with no issues. :o ::) :' However I don't have a security group on either one. I'll create a security group and see what happens.
What is the security group name that may hold the clue.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 07:43:01 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 08:26:40 PM »

all ds10's back in test group.  but security group still locked out  tried makiing a new group with same security name and it too is locked out.

I am afraid I will need to go to replacement image next.

mike

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 08:27:40 AM »

What is the security group name that may hold the clue.

group is named      "SECURITY modules"

I would be happy to just delete the group but I get no access to it so cannot...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 08:57:40 AM »

I believe I read a thread about not having access to groups either on the HG club or old HG forum and how to delete the group.
Something caused HG to not allow access, don't remember if the issue was ever fixed or just the workarround posted
I know there was a file modules.xml I believe ::) :' in HG that needed to be edited.
It seems to me I had that issue at my off grid place when I first started playing with HG on a 3B+. I think I double clicked on a module to add to the group or tried to add two quickly and HG didn't like that. In any case I believe I just used a backup SD image. ::) :'
Update: found the thread
https://homegenie.club/t/cant-access-group-in-homegenie-hg-hangs-when-trying/127
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 09:12:45 AM »

OK Group Name isn't the issue. However I can recreate a Group lock out condition with the info provided in the thread I linked to above. Editing the group.xml file and removing the offending line does bring back the group and other modules located in it.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.