Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Controlling a module based on Weather  (Read 2984 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Controlling a module based on Weather
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2019, 06:37:37 PM »

Ok so the basics are working I'm not sure if that has to remain on the homepage to work. It shouldn't but that's where mine is  ::) :'

I started to work on a program for weather triggering which will be accessible from each module today.
I'm a far cry from having anything working yet just getting the options to show for each module was  a chore till I figured I had a Typo in the code B:( I can't spend as much time on this as I'd like right now so this HG app will be slow coming.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

LostDog88

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2019, 10:36:15 AM »

This has been working now flawlessly for a week. My cats tell me they are happy!  rofl rofl Ok. Ok. My cats don't talk to me. But the dog does translate for me. She talks all the time.  ;D

I have not updated my HG as of yet because I am scared. I did update/upgrade the Pi. But I am still afraid to upgrade the actual HG software as my experiences have been, well, problematic with each upgrade. While I have been able to fix the problems I just don't want any issues right now.

In other words. It ain't broke and it all works.

Thanks for the help!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2019, 01:58:01 PM »

There realy is no need to be afraid of a HG Update. Make a backup of your SD card and  back up of your HG.
That way you have two fall back options.
The reason for staying relatively up todate with HG is to take advantage of any new apps created.
I managed to add some code to the OpenWeatherMap today to allow for it to fetch the humidity value I also created a simple app to display that info or any weather value for that matter.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 02:01:09 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.