Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Reviving old non working IP cameras.  (Read 3210 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Reviving old non working IP cameras.
« on: April 10, 2019, 11:32:25 AM »

I received a couple new XX69A to replace some old foscam indoor cameras which had stopped working.
The XX69A are awesome and I noticed the power supply was rated the same as the foscam power supplies.
Rather then through out my foscams I decide to see what was salvageable.
The old power supplies powered the Foscams but PnT and viewing was impossible so I tested these on the XX69A with the same results. ::) :'
 -:) maybe the power supply was bad and not the cameras ::) :'
tested the xx69A power supply on my old foscam cameras and presto a working camera.
next I decided to test another old foscam that would powerup and could control (PnT motor did it's initial calibration but no Picture) It too cam back to life :)%
I think I'll order some extra Power supplies while I cans still find ones that work with my new and old cameras.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Reviving old non working IP cameras.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 09:11:29 AM »

The old power supplies powered the Foscams but PnT and viewing was impossible so I tested these on the XX69A with the same results. ::) :'
tested the xx69A power supply on my old foscam cameras and presto a working camera.
next I decided to test another old foscam that would powerup and could control (PnT motor did it's initial calibration but no Picture) It too cam back to life :)%
I think I'll order some extra Power supplies while I cans still find ones that work with my new and old cameras.
That is pretty weird. But I am a little confused. Did the old Foscams still have video, but no P&T with the old power supplies? Or were they just dead with the old supplies? I ask because I think I have some re-branded Foscams and am wondering about future problems.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 09:35:23 AM »

Neither would display video with the old power supplies one the PnT initial calibration didn't work the other it did.
I managed to test the voltage on a couple of the old power supplies both had dropped below the 5 volts one to 4.8 the other to 4.3. I believe the power supply that did allow initial calibration is either at my off grid place or it has now dropped to 4.8 as neither supply tested will now do a calibration.
I had kept the first Foscam that failed just for parts for when the second one failed I'm glad I didn't toss it now.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 05:46:56 PM »

Thanks!
If mine start acting up more (one in front yard, hue is skewed. Way to much magenta. Snow is pink, grass is pink, etc.) I will check supply output. But I doubt low volts cause my coloring book problem.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 05:55:21 PM »

Well before my first camera failed I was having picture irregularities half pic, snow, off color  thats why I figured it was toast.
My second just stopped with no pic so it may be worth testing.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.