Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Simple Google Home intergration with HomeGenie  (Read 1753 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Simple Google Home intergration with HomeGenie
« on: April 21, 2019, 09:02:17 AM »

OK so I've had Google Home integration with HG for some time using the SmartThings developers portal as some others have done.
This is a painful route to go for any newbie and not very speedy.

However, there is now a HG program that interfaces directly. Simply install it to the device and things programs then for each device you wish to have google control of you open the options of that device and click the GoogleHome so it can be controlled no coding involved. This is currently in the testing stages and hosted on a HG users own Pi. I'm hopeful Authinx will eventually handle the server end which would be extremely helpful.
For users interested in this you'll need a Google account (everyone has one right?) and you'll need the HG GoogleHome Program installed in HG.
To sign up for testing and more info check out this thread https://homegenie.club/t/google-home-plugin/447
I had a bit of a problem initially getting this setup but the issue was more with how my Phone was handling the account linking things.
I do believe the account linking bugs are now worked out.
Currently there are only a few of us testing this however the more testers that get involved the faster this gets put into full service.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Simple Google Home intergration with HomeGenie
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 11:50:06 PM »

The HG Google Cloud addon server is no longer on the authors server, hosting is now on firebase from Google.
this should make things faster. ::) :'
The HGX file has also been updated.
 https://googlehome.erxinfo.ca/
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.