Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ha-bridge HG helper  (Read 3408 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Ha-bridge HG helper
« on: June 25, 2019, 02:45:40 PM »

HA-Bridge has a new helper build it for HG devices for those still using or wishing to use HA-Bridge with HG.
You may wish to download and test the RC5 build of this especially if the amazon echo bridge fails for you.

I've only just been able to test this my self and from reading the feed back no one is testing the HG helper add.
Although it does see 98% of my HG configured devices it also shows some not configure as well the names don't display currently for all X10 devices.
It does display all names of other devices I currently have configured (ZWave, WeMo)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
Re: Ha-bridge HG helper
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 03:49:35 PM »

Here is link to the RC build thread and download https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge/issues/1100
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 02:24:36 AM »

Is this so you can see / edit devices for HA bridge on the embedded interface in HG?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 06:46:49 AM »

No this is to make setup of HG devices simple in HA-Bridge. It discovers all switches and dimmers in HG and allows you to add and rename the device for Alexa. Since the echo bridge interface doesn't work if HG security is setup (at least not currently for me) this allows a more secured HG setup to be used with Alexa. You don't have to worry about calls to HG as the scripts are auto created now.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 07:03:02 AM »

OK - sorry its still early and not enough coffee yet (plus been very busy and trying to catch up on all the great X10 posts since May). 

So...  You use this with the integrated Alexa Interface in HG or not ?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 06:37:30 AM »

You can but it isn't  needed unless the intergrated  echo bridge fails to work for you.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 08:22:35 AM »

I've not been able to keep up with the RC testing for the HG helper untill recently. Bwssystems has added the ability to see lights,switches,dimmers and options to add additional HA types one may configure in HG like Sensors. However these additional types must have the ability to turn on/off. This allows HA-Bridge to give Alexa control to a broad range of devices, more then the HG Echo Bridge service currently supplies.  :)%
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2019, 08:08:17 AM »

Follow up question - I just want to make sure I understand what this if for before trying to install it and then hosing my setup.

I am currently using the integrated Alexa interface in HG.  I do have some devices that act quirky so trying to see how they are setup or even tweak those would be helpful.

It sounds like this HA Bridge Helper can be used for that - correct?

If so, then I would need to install the package from the link you provided (https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge/issues/1100)

What do I do then ?  I read thru the posts but I'm not sure how I then launch the helper ?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2019, 04:51:54 PM »

The helper will see all lights,dimmers and switches configured in HG so currently better then the intergrated. Also you can tell it to look for other types of things setup in HG like sensors. Once setup you tell it which device you wish to use and you can rename it so it will work with the intergrated bridge.

Since this is now a release version you simply install HA-Bridge following the install directions in the read me. Once the helper is enabled a new pull down will display showing all HG devices it discovered.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2019, 06:19:48 PM »

Sorry if I am making this more confusing or harder than it should be. But if I install HA-bridge does that mean I use that instead of the integrated Alexa interface?  (edited: had originally posted via talk to text, correcting mis-interpretations here)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 06:17:41 AM by soxfan1966 »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2019, 07:16:25 AM »

No you can still use the HG echo Bridge with HA-Bridge if you wish. Although HA-Bridge sees all lights and switches you still have to tell it which ones you wish to use.

You'll run into issues only if you have HA-Bridge configured to use a device that the echo bidge sees and the names are the same.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2019, 06:22:11 AM »

Just checking - this would be correct link for downloading the updated HA-Bridge?
https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge

From there, install would take place on the Pi where HG is running and once following install instructions in Readme (https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge/blob/master/README.md) one would access HA-Bridge via the assigned web address and port.

I was going to do this today but it seems more involved than I have time for right now.  But having the info on how to proceed I can do that.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2019, 07:15:35 AM »

There is an old post in the linux rpi section for newbie HA-Bridge install help. However it is for a old version. I'll  try to get it updated.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2019, 09:31:32 AM »

Good morning,

Finally got the latest version of HA-Bridge running on my Pi (to replace the integrated one that stopped working).

I am now trying to get the Home Genie Helper up and running in HA Bridge.  According to the readme info, it mentions this:

HomeGenie Names and IP Addresses
Provide IP Addresses of your HomeGenie Systems that you want to utilize with the bridge. Also, give a meaningful name to each one so it is easy to decipher in the helper tab. When these names and IP's are given, the bridge will be able to control the devices by the call it receives and send it to the target HomeGenie device you configure. There is an extra Other Types field that you can add types that are not within the defualt of "light", "Switch" and "Dimmer" that you may want to control.

So I added the info for my Home Genie (I only have 1 running, on the same pi device I have the HA Bridge service running on but with the 8080 port).
Then clicked Add then Save (up on the top for saving the HA Bridge configuration).

When HA Bridge restarted, there is a new tab at the top (see attached image), and when I click on that tab it lists all the Home Genie devices I have.

For the ones I want to add to HA Bridge, I click the "Build" button which sends you to the Edit Device screen, then click "Add Bridge Device".  This brings you to the Bridge Devices tab, with your list of devices, then click the "HomeGenie Devices" tab to go back and add the rest of the entries.

You can then test then from the Bridge Devices tab, and click the TEST On / TEST Off buttons.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2019, 10:12:53 AM »

For anyone curious to know what is happening in relation to Amazon Alexa and the HA Bridge system it's clearly laid out here for all to see. Amazon are in the business of making money from the service they provide via Alexa and selling Echo and Echo Dots are not doing this for them. Emulators defeat the whole purpose of manufacturers registering and designing registered skills with Amazon so you can expect more firmware updates which will "break" these emulators. Prepare yourself for more interruptions of service using emulators.

https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge/issues/1125
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.