Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Multiple locations  (Read 1585 times)

SmikeCarl

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Multiple locations
« on: July 12, 2019, 07:55:06 PM »

VERY happy with X10WiFi in our Phoenix area home base. Access from outside the LAN works beautifully & allows us to present an ever changing light show while we are on the road.

Am getting ready to set up a SECOND X10WiFi in our summer place & wonder if I can control both systems from the same WisFi APP?

I assume that I'll have to use separate house codes ... but is that all I need to do after setting up the new controller?

Anyone else have experience with multiple locations?

Thanks in advace
Mike

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: Multiple locations
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 09:07:58 PM »

You can't do two WM-100's from the same the phone. You'll need a second phone or tablet. Also, beware that if you open the app from a different timezone it will reset the WM100 clock to that timezone.

If you're going to spend money on a new device for your summer home look at the Smartinet P2 (https://smartenit.com/product/harmony-p2/). The app supports multiple locations and the P2 supports X10, Insteon & Zigbee devices.  It plugs into your router or switch (no WiFi). If you need WiFi look at the G1 (no built in Zigbee) or G2 (has everything).  You'll need the 2412U PLM they bundle too.  The P2 and 2412U bundle is $75 + postage. All three devices work with Alexa & Google Home. 

SmikeCarl

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Multiple locations
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 08:05:53 PM »

THANKS! you just saved me from lots of frustration.  I will definitely check out the Harmony package.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.