Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: HG scheduler command  (Read 2980 times)

edjal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
HG scheduler command
« on: August 18, 2019, 02:18:58 PM »

I have an X10 appliance module set at A6. It powers a lamp. If I use my palm pad remote (HR12A) to trigger lamp on or off it responds correctly.
  I have setup A HG schedule to turn it on and off on schedule then when schedule commands HG to turn on it reports it as being on but the lamp does not turn on.
  I do have other devices in the home on HG scheduler and they work as scheduled but for some reason this lamp does not. Anyone have any Ideas where I should look for a resolution.     Edjal

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: HG scheduler command
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 07:00:52 PM »

If the transceiver receiving the HR12A. Is in a different location than the HG X10 controlled.
One thought would be there maybe a power line signal issue.
Easy test as the module is plugged in. Try it in a location near the controller doing the HG schedule and see if it then works.

I don't use HG. So this maybe a strange question. If you can define the module. Is it an Appliance Module in the setup. I can think of a Lamp Module and possibly Extended x10 commands not understood by an appliance module.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 07:05:45 PM by Brian H »

edjal

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 08:13:21 PM »

The module is an X10 AM466 3 pin Appliance module. My controller is a  X10 CM15A.  I will give it a try.  Thanks

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 12:04:17 PM »

The module is an X10 AM466 3 pin Appliance module. My controller is a  X10 CM15A.  I will give it a try.  Thanks

Forget about your schedules for the moment. Have you confirmed that in HG, if you manually turn on your HG switch widget your light actually turns on. In other words is HG physically passing the instruction to your AM.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 01:14:31 PM »

Just enter this Api command into a browser to test if HG is sending an RF signal to your CM15 and it's being received by your AM.

http://192.xxx.x.xxx:xxxx/api/HomeAutomation.X10/RF/Control.RfSend/B5/Control.On

Replace the X's with your local HG address and port number and the B5 with the X10 address of the AM module attached to your light. You should see "ResponseValue "OK" and your light should turn on. If not you are not successfully sending an RF signal to the AM in HG.

edjal

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 11:26:51 AM »

Thank you petera for your reply and expertise.  Clicking HG switch widget on then off are OK. and using send command via website (response value OK).

Using scheduler to  control module success is sporadic, and the Off command is not always successful. When scheduler is not successful I noticed the command did turn on widget but it did not turn on light
  I am new to HG I used AHP in the past with CM15 controller. While on AHP commands were always successful so I made sure CM15 was kept in same location as it always was in the past. Is it possible the CM15 is to distant from my gateway? it is only about 30' away however it is on a different floor. I used my iPhone to test wifi signal at CM15 and signal bounces from 4 full bars to 3 bars at times. Any ideas would be appreciated.  Edjal

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 05:25:40 PM »

Mike and I had issues with HG scheduler turning off or on some X10 modules at one point. If I remember we ended up programing the scheduler to send the command twice. I no longer have that timer in my HG setup so I'm not sure what delay was used or ever if I had one.
I seem to remember a thread in the old HG forum which also used that work arround.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

edjal

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2019, 05:42:26 PM »

Thanks  Tuicemen again for your assistance. I have been attempting repeat commands with no success to this point. I will search old HG forum for the solution.  Thanks again     Edjal

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 09:23:19 PM »

Thank you petera for your reply and expertise.  Clicking HG switch widget on then off are OK. and using send command via website (response value OK).

Using scheduler to  control module success is sporadic, and the Off command is not always successful. When scheduler is not successful I noticed the command did turn on widget but it did not turn on light
  I am new to HG I used AHP in the past with CM15 controller. While on AHP commands were always successful so I made sure CM15 was kept in same location as it always was in the past. Is it possible the CM15 is to distant from my gateway? it is only about 30' away however it is on a different floor. I used my iPhone to test wifi signal at CM15 and signal bounces from 4 full bars to 3 bars at times. Any ideas would be appreciated.  Edjal

All I'll say at this stage is at the fear of repeating myself again is make sure that all previous AHP macros and timers are cleared from the CM15 memory. If you have another CM15 you could use you could rule out a flaky CM15. I don't see signal strength here being an issue. I have seen signal collision between RF and PL using Mochad but HG uses the XtenLib drivers to power HG. Maybe this could be an issue too.

edjal

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2019, 02:56:24 PM »

Thank You petera and tuiceman I have been experimenting with the repeated commands and it seems to be working correctly. Sometimes HG commands do not respond until the command is repeated. I have setup two schedules one for off and one for on to control a FamRmLamp X10 A6. I have seen HG send command to the light but sometimes the light does not turn on until the command is repeated one minute later from HG.  >!

edjal

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2019, 03:59:19 PM »

Thanks petera I had cleared all programs from the CM15a previously as you had suggested
thanks again.   You guys are teaching and I'm learning slowly.  edjal

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2019, 05:51:47 PM »

If you don't have a need for PL control try a CM19 with HG. As its RF only It kills off the potential for signal collision between RF and PL which can happen with a CM15. It's cheap and cheerful so no need for any major investment here. Worth a try. I don't use Wizard scripts as I found that @bkenobi work has covered most if not all of my X10 requirements in X10. Whatever gaps I find I just reuse the code he's provided. Don't be afraid to experiment. It's the only way to learn HG.

edjal

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2019, 08:05:28 PM »

I have another scheduler issue.  I have scheduled furnace to come on 6:30am and turn off at 10:30am only from Nov1 to Mar 15th.  The problem Aug is not in the parameter of the schedule yet it is running in Aug and should not be.  Attached is the cron expression of the schedule. does anyone see the problem in the cron expression, assuming this is the problem?

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2019, 11:20:10 AM »

I could be wrong, but this may be the same type of issue with scheduling something from 10pm to 2am where the scheduler gets confused about the day.  It's possible that you may need to request Nov1-Dec31 and Jan1-Mar15.

edjal

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2019, 12:24:18 PM »

Thanks bkenobi I will give that a try and let you know results
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.