Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: raspberry pi 4 and email  (Read 6737 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: raspberry pi 4 and email
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2021, 04:38:20 PM »

The issue is another driver (reported at Homegenie.club) which is in HG, however I suspect it is outdated as well or in the wrong location.
the program states It can't find it anyways (if I remember). B:(
The problem is not that It can't be made to work, but that a HG update will render it inoperable again if the fix isn't implemented in the update.
I started to refractor the Python2 code for Iron Python however the addafruit_dht _library also needed conversion and it began to look like more trouble then it was worth. I've been using Visual studio since 2005 but new to Python, the Python3 code from my research is said to be more stable then 2. In any case thanks for the ironpython tools link. >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2021, 05:25:14 PM »

The issue is another driver (reported at Homegenie.club) which is in HG, however I suspect it is outdated as well or in the wrong location.
the program states It can't find it anyways (if I remember). B:(
The problem is not that It can't be made to work, but that a HG update will render it inoperable again if the fix isn't implemented in the update.
I started to refractor the Python2 code for Iron Python however the addafruit_dht _library also needed conversion and it began to look like more trouble then it was worth. I've been using Visual studio since 2005 but new to Python, the Python3 code from my research is said to be more stable then 2. In any case thanks for the ironpython tools link. >!

We are trying to troubleshoot these older programs to see if we can get them working. Pity you didn't document your efforts to help us investigate it further. In fairness at this stage DHT sensors wouldn't be high on anyone's radar but it would have been nice to investigate it a little further. I personally won't be loosing any sleep over it though.

I doubt you'll have any fears of an imminent HG update anytime soon. I imagine if anything does appear it will be fully .Net Core based and any .Net Framework code created by the user will need a serious overhaul. Might be worth bearing in mind at this stage.

The UI by the looks of it will also be getting a major overhaul so major changes on the widget side of things are to be expected. They're highly unlikely to be backward compatible. Any older code snippets are unlikely to work either.

Serious coding knowledge is likely to be required too. Outside of the factory install any other code will need a complete rewrite, debug and compile and unlike previous development which was a community effort there's little or no community left to contribute. Gonna require a big effort from here on in.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2021, 05:55:01 PM »

The Issue with the C# DHT program was the UnitsNet version.
I've seen the changes instore for the HG and web interface! In the past when we figured there'd be no HG update for some time, a update appears.  rofl
I'm not losing any sleep over the HG DHT sensor programs what I have works.
I've been playing with a free ESP-01S and may move a DHT sensor over to it at some point.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2021, 06:51:47 PM »

The Issue with the C# DHT program was the UnitsNet version.
I've seen the changes instore for the HG and web interface! In the past when we figured there'd be no HG update for some time, a update appears.  rofl
I'm not losing any sleep over the HG DHT sensor programs what I have works.
I've been playing with a free ESP-01S and may move a DHT sensor over to it at some point.

Hurry up. Everyone else has  :)%

There hasn’t been a single keystroke on HG development since last September and even then there was little in the way of something new. While the .Net Core version is certainly sleeker there’s nothing in it to compare it to. To be honest if there was a dozen active users left using it seriously I’d say that would be the height of it.

Personally if I wasn’t using X10 I’d have moved on too. If that trend continues that would leave you as a crash test dummy for Gene  rofl rofl
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.