Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Security Camera DVR's and Streaming to a Smart TV or Streaming device.  (Read 2138 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Security Camera DVR's and Streaming to a Smart TV or Streaming device.
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2019, 08:44:21 PM »

I just read..... that now even the little $34 4k Fire Stick with display Amazon comparable cameras onto a TV. So easy!
Home Automation is an always changing technology

HA Dave

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2019, 05:32:08 PM »

Now.... re-exploring the apps within my Apple and Roku streaming devices (and TV).... I am finding apps that with run on the devices for security camera streaming. This should be a FUN Home automation season.

HA Dave

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2020, 08:39:42 AM »

Well...... I've researched this pretty fully.

There are "apps" that my (and other) smart TV's can use to view WiFi Cameras. Of course not all apps play nicely with all TV's and or WiFi Cameras.

A person could just use Alexa compatible cameras, And a Fire (Amazon) TV, or streaming device... and that will work.

Or... any of the Alexa "screen" equipped Echo/voice devices will display Alexa compatible cameras.

But... keep in mind... the picture is NOT instant. My camera "logon" (from the time I say "Alexa show me the door" or whatever) takes about 12 secs for the cameras logon to display the desired view. I can get an instant view (with a wired feed from my DVR) to a dedicated screen (in my case a picture framed viewer). And of course I am using both (with 2 brands of WiFi cameras). The phone may in most cases may be the fast-easy way for camera viewing.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.