Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help with macro script  (Read 4104 times)

edjal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Help with macro script
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2019, 11:11:43 AM »

Thank You again for your concern in trying to help me with HG. I found what is causing pole light turning off via smart lights if I disable smart light in Pole light module settings it no longer turns off the module after a few seconds. When I enabled smart lights in the Furnace module settings and it reacted the same way as the pole light module did before. So you suspect I cannot get these modules to respond to a HG schedule virtually without the CM15 (memory cleared) connected to my Desktop via usb? I was hoping to keep AHP in service until I had HG setup properly but If I have to discontinue I will. I guess I assumed I could run a program virtually as some of the pre configured modules seem to respond correctly.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2019, 11:23:00 AM »

You can run HG in virtual mode however this will not ensure everything works as expected once the CM15 is connected.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

edjal

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2019, 11:33:06 AM »

OK thanks for the info I am going to keep AHP in service until I know the basics of HG configurations. I know that eventually with experimentation and help from you and others on the forum I will get there.

edjal

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2019, 06:54:37 PM »

-:)Progress I have the scheduled timers working virtually. In scheduler pole lights A4 cron events wizard I selected Modules Tab then put a check mark @ lights then selected Pole Lights A4   then the script tab and selected add code snippet then Turn ON/Off Range and now pole light responds to the calendar timer.   If I configure the Pole Light Widget and select enable smart lights something else controls it to turn off  when in on position every few seconds. I have no Idea why but as long as I don't enable smart lights it obeys the scheduler. I was about to give up on this software what a relief to finally make some progress. I am very thankful to those trying to assist me with HG.   Next I have to figure out configuring the 2 macros I mentioned earlier. Thank You again for the assistance and ideas.      edjal

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2019, 11:24:33 AM »

When you say "virtual mode" do you mean a virtual module?  Otherwise, I have no idea what you are referring to.  HG is running or it isn't.  You can run it without a controller, but I don't think you will be able to add X10 modules without a controller.  If you have the controller enabled in software and it's not connected, I believe HG will give errors to the log file but perhaps will still appear to be running correctly to the user.

edjal

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2019, 12:27:25 PM »

Thank You for your interest  in helping me with HG.  I mean not yet controlled by RPi just by virtual x10 modules within  HG software that I created. Ex. I created and named X10 A4 Module "Pole Light X10A4" then set it up in scheduler and now the Pole Light widget on the dashboard responds to the on/off commands sent by the schedule
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.