Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: X10 RF code format  (Read 7656 times)

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
Re: X10 RF code format
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2020, 01:46:25 PM »

All I provided was what worked - my light turns on and off - and what didn't.

I looked at the Events History - it does not show any transmitted RF codes for me.

If you do the same, will it show transmitted RF codes for you?

How are you turning your lights on.

soxfan1966

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2020, 01:50:37 PM »

In HG, I click On for the device.  It sends the PLC command and then that triggers my program to run and send the RF command.

I use both house codes A and B, and because of the 2 phase system only using the PLC command did not work all the time.   Since adding the programs to send the RF commands, things have worked very reliably.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2020, 01:55:15 PM »

In HG, I click On for the device.  It sends the PLC command and then that triggers my program to run and send the RF command.

I use both house codes A and B, and because of the 2 phase system only using the PLC command did not work all the time.   Since adding the programs to send the RF commands, things have worked very reliably.

What device are you transmitting the RF code to.

soxfan1966

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2020, 01:58:50 PM »

Same device, A12, from the 10 remote.  That also turns on the light - but I believe that is going thru the x10 transceiver to the light, same thing I assume is happening when HG transmits the RF signal for A12.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2020, 01:59:55 PM »

Same device, A12, from the 10 remote.  That also turns on the light - but I believe that is going thru the x10 transceiver to the light, same thing I assume is happening when HG transmits the RF signal for A12.

Are you trying to do away with PLC altogether.

soxfan1966

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2020, 02:01:00 PM »

Nope - want to use both so the lights get triggered reliably.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2020, 02:02:21 PM »

Are you trying to do away with PLC altogether.

Could you screen cap the configuration for the device you are using to send and the one that is receiving.

soxfan1966

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2020, 02:30:44 PM »

OK, I think this is what you were asking for:

A12.png = this is the A12 device as configured in HG

A12 RF ON Trigger.png = this is the trigger code for the program to send the RF signal for A12 On

A12 RF ON Code.png = this is the program code for the program to send the RF signal for A12 on, this is where the RF code is defined.

Capture.png = this is the RF Activity device from HG.  Notice the timestamp shows 12:36 pm, that is from the testing I did earlier and used the X10 remote.  It does not get updated with the RF signals transmitted.

soxfan1966

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2020, 02:31:13 PM »

And here is the Event History:

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2020, 02:32:15 PM »

Ok in the absence of those screen caps I suggest you create an automation script that will call two separate automation scripts, one script sending via PLC and the other via RF. As soon as you activate the first script you should achieve the required results. You should be able to monitor the traffic on the utility I pointed out while the scripts are executing.

soxfan1966

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2020, 02:35:11 PM »

Unfortunately, I'm done for today.  If the images I provided are not what you wanted let me know and I can try and send more next chance I get.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2020, 02:35:50 PM »

So basically you are sending both an RF and a PLC command to the same device A12 to turn on. Is that correct.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2020, 02:41:35 PM »

As Gene supplied the RF codes I posted with the dashes and lower case letters I suspected they would work and since the RF send was added after the RF sniff. it is easy to see that both would work.
I had never tested these but I just had to now since petera is so adamant that they don't work.
soxfan1966 I can confirm your findings.
The codes work with the dashes and lower case letters however you can't send spaces and lowercase or send uppercase with dashes.
there also seems to be a typo with the A12 on and off codes.
It is true HG sees codes sent to the CM15 and displays them with caps and spaces but both methods work for sending. It is all in how Gene coded HG.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 02:43:49 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2020, 02:46:04 PM »

Well the PLC command turns your light on, you pause for 4 seconds and the RF command does absolutely nothing. As an experiment change the RF command to Off and see what happens. That will prove if the RF side of your automation script works.

Just to confirm from your OP, the Hex code without dashes and capital letters only. Your problem has nothing to do with Hex code formats now. Your problem lies elsewhere but as you're now finished I've pointed you in the direction to resolve it.

soxfan1966

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2020, 02:46:38 PM »

Yes.  Because of the nature of the 2 phases some devices are on the same phase as where my CM15 is plugged in and others are not.  So I have one x10 transceiver for house code A and another transceiver for house code B - in different areas and what I believe is one on each phase.

So the PLC commands do not reach both phases and I was having issues with devices turning on or off.   I had one of those dryer plug things that's supposed to bridge the phases but I did not get good results with that and it's no longer plugged in.

So the RF programs I have do result in devices, regardless of which phase they are on, reliably turning on and off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.