📱🖥️PiX10Hub > 🏥Help and Trouble Shooting

AnyPi PiX10Hub Installer Discussion

(1/10) > >>

Tuicemen:
There is a discussion thread for the older versions of the PiX10Hub installers.( http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=30715.0 )
However I figured it would be best to start a new thread to discuss the newest version so new users don't get confused.
This removes:
The preconfigured X10 HG setup HG is loaded as if you loaded it from scratch.
The X10Hub Splash screen ( was only visible if you had a HDMI screen attached anyways)
The current software packages included:
 HomeGenie (the Main component for your HA setup)
 HA-Bridge (adds Alexa control to any configured Homegenie device you've named and more)
 Midnight Commander (a Raspbian file manager tool).

I was only able to confirm the image works correctly on a couple of pi boards so If you try it on a different one and it works or doesn't let me know and I'll update the list of compatible boards. By rights it should work on any Pi board that the Buster Raspbian build  will run on. ::) :'

Tuicemen:
There still seems to be some confusion with this ::) :' many are over thinking the install. It can't be made any simpler. You make the SD card put it in your pi make your pi connections and power it up. Configuration screen auto opens and you set your info using the  connected keyboard viewing on a conected monitor when done pi reboots auto loads HomeGenie and related packages. Once done the pi tells you the Port and IP HomeGenie is on.

Tuicemen:
Currently the PiX10Hub (Buster versions2&3) displays the IP and default ports for HA-Bridge and HomeGenie but only for a Wi-Fi connection. If you haven't configured a wi-fi  connection it only shows the port numbers which can confuse new users.
This was left over from the original PiX10Hub (zero W) installer.
If an Ethernet cable was attached the IP is shown but prior to the complete OS load. This can be overlooked. ::) :'
 -:) I'll add some code to show a wired connected IP if no wi-fi is configured. If no network connection is detected at all, I'll also add a message to inform of that.
Since a network connection is required to install (and some seem to over look that), I'll also add the no network connection detect to prevent the PiX10Hub from installing if no connection is detected.
 >!

brobin:
I've said it before and I'll say it again - You do more in a day than most corporations do in a year!  #:) >! :)%

Tuicemen:
 rofl Thanks, but  that only happens with feed back!
 >!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version