Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Harmony P2 & Alexa  (Read 6619 times)

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
Re: Harmony P2 & Alexa
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2021, 09:50:16 PM »

Just a thought, and if Jeff is reading this he could chime in or you could email him; perhaps you could use a two-prong adapter on the PLM and plug it directly into the Boost Port on the front of the XTB-IIR.  Unless Jeff recommends against that it should solve the problem.

Years ago there were reports that SmartHome controllers did not work well when plugged into the Boost input.  So  I don't recommend the Boost input for anything other than a standard X10 transmitter, such as a Mini or Maxi Controller or TM751 transceiver.  Just plug the PLM into a nearby outlet and use the XTB-IIR for both a passive coupler and a high power signal booster.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Moose

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2021, 07:52:10 AM »

So, I moved the P2/PLM from the north side to the south side of the house, just above the electrical panel. My problem areas moved from the south to the north. Intermittent wireless commands from the palm pilot and poor response from light modules controlled by the P2/PLM. I tired moving my filters around and unplugging things, and then it hit me.   -:)  The south side is mostly the kitchen, and when last renovated I added some accent lighting consisting of LED modules and LED ropes. I had been so focused on wall warts.  :' I put one of my custom filters in series with the Led power plug, and now ALL my problems have gone.  ;D

Now, I just have to retrace my steps, and see which of the other filters are unnecessary.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 07:54:46 AM by Moose »

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2021, 10:37:43 AM »

Glad you found the culprit!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.