Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Device status does not reflect the correct device disposition  (Read 3195 times)

lrn

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I am having connection problem.  I got a new Netgear Orbi mesh router.  I can see the device on the connected device list as ESP-2D4A1A and is connected as 2.4G device  What I have noticed is that if I run the X10 app and look under the Device tab the status does not reflect the correct device disposition; i.e., if says off when it is actually on. 

I have also discovered that if I go to setup and do a Sync data from hub the status is updated to the correct value in the device tab list most of the time.  It does, however, sometimes not allow to me to sync the data.  So I can get it to work most of the time, but I have to do it manually.  I tried the WIFI setup wizard, but it fails to connect, it gives a warning message "5G WIFI network connected.  Please use 2.4G network for WM100 connection".  Giving it an OK only put you back to the Setup main menu.  If I look at the device list on the router, it indicates that it is indeed connected to the 2.4G network.  In spite of this it I can manually turn devices on and off most of the time when it allows me to sync data from WiFi hub.

Any ideas want might be going on?

Thanks

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 11:52:10 PM by lrn »

geobrick

Re: Device status does not reflect the correct device disposition
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 02:03:13 PM »

I have the same problem. As an example, the status of an appliance outlet that I turn on with the App and has a timer set to turn off at a set time, always displays in the app as still 'on' after the timer has turned off the appliance. I've tried to 'sync data from the wifi hub' but get the same error as you. I tried other things like selecting 'adjust time' or getting the X10 wifi history and all failed. I eventually tried going through the wifi setup again and that failed too but now I was stuck in a state where I needed to connect to a a new or existing hub. That kept failing as well. 

What eventually worked for me, and it could have just been luck, was putting my phone in Airplane mode (turned off bluetooth too) and made sure only wifi was on (connected to the 2.4MHz wifi band). Once I did that, I was able to go through the wifi setup process successfully. Doing this prior to going through a wifi setup may have allowed sync to work as well but I won't know until next time I have a sync error.     

geobrick

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 02:28:01 PM »

What eventually worked for me, and it could have just been luck, was putting my phone in Airplane mode (turned off bluetooth too) and made sure only wifi was on (connected to the 2.4MHz wifi band). Once I did that, I was able to go through the wifi setup process successfully. Doing this prior to going through a wifi setup may have allowed sync to work as well but I won't know until next time I have a sync error.     

Never mind. It was just luck. I wasn't able to sync again or check history. At that point, I couldn't even get through the wifi setup.
I'm going to look into the PiX10Hub.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 05:16:47 PM »

If you're looking for an upgraded replacement for the WM100 have a look at the Smartenit Harmony P2.  For $59 you get a device that does everything that the WM100 should do, has a real time clock, Alexa & Google Home compatibility, and works with X10, Insteon and ZigBee devices.  It's Automation rules scheduling is very flexible too.  It has a good app and a web portal as well.  You can look at details here: https://smartenit.com/shop/zigbee-insteon-x10-multi-protocol-gateway-hub/
The base unit is $39.99 and you need to select the "Add X10 and Insteon with Powerline only Modem" that brings the price to $59.99.  I've been running one for over two years now with no issues.  The P2 plugs into an Ethernet port rather than WiFi.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.