Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Seek advice for using 25 year-old X10 vid-USB adapter cable.  (Read 2956 times)

Gypsy3000

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Around '96, I bought almost a grand worth of X10 security gear. Shortly thereafter, I sold the warehouse that gear was destined for. The 7 cams and associated accessories have sat unopened in a suitcase since new.

Obviously, all of the cams are now ridiculously obsolete. However, I'm hoping to salvage use of the components intended for interface with a PC for recording footage to hard disc and remote monitoring.

I contacted X10 and they directed me to this forum. Apparently, when X10 went bankrupt and ownership changed they aren't capable of providing technical advice to prior customers.
I'm hoping somebody can advise what programs are compatible with this archaic X10 gear (either Windows or OSX).

Any advice appreciated!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 09:30:02 PM by Gypsy3000 »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Seek advice for using 25 year-old X10 vid-USB adapter cable.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 07:03:43 AM »

The X10 Wiki has some good information in it.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Main_Page
Camera section.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Cameras

Take a look at the cameras, video receivers and the video adapters part numbers.
The video adapter in particular. If it is the VA11A it has some limitations and was replaced by a VA12A/VA13A.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/VA11A

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 07:17:53 AM »

What pc interfaces do you have?
Are you still planing on using the obsolete cameras?
 If so the video interface drivers are not compatible wirh newer versions of Windows depending on which video interface you have you may be able to use it with Windows 7 otherwise you'll  need XP.
Are you wishing to do things with X10 other then video recording and remote monitoring?

« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 07:30:39 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 12:54:32 PM »

Around '96, I bought almost a grand worth of X10 security gear. Obviously, all of the cams are now ridiculously obsolete.

However, I'm hoping to salvage use of the components intended for interface with a PC for recording footage to hard disc and remote monitoring.

20+ year old tech equipment? I'd guess you'll be wasting time that could be used doing something more productive.... or at lease far less frustrating. So very much has changed (for the better).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.