🛡Home Security > Problems and Troubleshooting

SC1200 console no longer chimes

(1/3) > >>

Fizbin:
Recently, after a power outage, my SC1200 console no longer chimes when I arm or disarm my alarm.  I disconnected the power source cable, removed the batteries, trying to reset the unit, but still no chimes.  This includes trying the key fob and trying from the console itself.  Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot the console?

Thanks in advance.

Brian H:
In the Options Menu.
Is the Chime On or Off? From the manual. It is supposed to be for when a Door Window Sensor is opened. I never tried it for a chime when arming.
You may want to see if the Chime On setting will sound the chime when a door Window Sensor is activated.

Fizbin:
Hey Brian-

I'll give that a shot. I'll let you know.  I have checked the chime setting on the menu, and it is turned on.  The chime has always rang twice when my wife or I armed the alarm.  When I was troubleshooting, the tamper alarm showed on the screen, the alarm called my cell phone but I never heard the chime.

Fizbin:
Hey Brian-

I used Zone 1, closest to the console.  Double checked the chime is on.  Armed the system, opened the door, screen said Zone 1, alarm but no chime...no sound at all.

Brian H:
I believe the Chime is when the console is not armed. For Door Windows Sensors.
From your actions you tried. It almost sounds like there was a hardware failure.

Does it still sound an Alarm when the system is triggered?

Can you still hear the message you have made. When you use the play message in the setup?

I looked at the internal photos from a add an external antenna post here but could not see if it had a chime or speaker along with the Piezo Sounder for an alarm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version