Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Does ANYONE have X10 DS10' still working in HG?  (Read 4922 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Does ANYONE have X10 DS10' still working in HG?
« on: October 23, 2020, 04:13:51 PM »

I believe I lost all DS10 security module reading into HG about a year ago.  Probably some update.  Since then, not only do D10 door modules no longer register, but neither does the "X10 RF" program/module...  It no longer shows what X10 is received.

I liked DS10's to register open/closed as I used them with the HG built in security module program and Juicemen's smart emailer to send me an email when the alarm went off so I knew which door was the culprit. 

I miss that capability.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Does ANYONE have X10 DS10' still working in HG?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 06:12:27 PM »

What are you using to receive the X10 RF signals? CM15A or one of the X10 Transceivers?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 06:33:49 PM »

My sensors still display activity in HG
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 08:37:32 PM »

Cm15a.  Tried both, neither reports ds10 activity.  By does see any regular x10 activity and show rcvd module top right when they tnhappens.  But not any security device, key fob, ds10... 

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 08:21:39 AM »

I've had a few updates that reset my securty module settings in HG. I had to reset each module so it was used as security before it would display properly. As well some modules codes for whatever reason changed (low battery maybe :' )  I had to remove the modules do a module cleanup so HG forgot them then readd them. That may have been the update where you lost yours as it was some time ago.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 08:23:51 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 02:13:05 PM »

" I had to remove the modules do a module cleanup so HG forgot them then readd them. "
I do not remember how to 'readd them..."

I THOUGHT they would just show up in the module list when triggered again after deleting them all, but they are not showing at top right of HG where I see other actions reported as they happen, and they are not being added to the modules list again automatically when triggered...

I can go to my group, delete all security modules, go to module cleanup, delete all S- security devices, go to config my room,  click add modules, and they are all still there!  And none work.  I tried changing a  module each of the 'type' choices in its settings but none work.

What stupid thing am I missing?  Is a pi reboot needed after module cleanup?

mike

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 02:16:50 PM »

I vagely recall there was an X10 program (built in so numbered <1000) that I had to turn on once to get security or extended codes to be read by HG.  It no longer exists in config under any program menu, much less X10 one.  I also used to have a module I could put in a room that showed real time X10 codes as they were received - that too is gone and I do not know how to get it back.   Anyone?

mike

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 02:27:23 PM »

I also recall that the security stuff did not work if it showed on bottom line as 'undefined:'

But was good if it read a date (of last turn on)

mike

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2020, 03:01:07 PM »

I am beginning to think the 'module cleanup' no longer works?  I pick it, pick the S-security modules I want to delete, one at a time pressing the "-" and they disappear from the list... press the top right X to quit the list, come back in and it is gone. 

But then I go to a group, select add a module, and it is still there to add when it never even transmitted!

Am I missing a step?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 03:05:06 PM by mike »

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2020, 04:23:26 PM »

The clue is in your sensor. It is currently linked to nothing therefore it reports back as undefined.

mike

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2020, 04:31:54 PM »

The clue is in your sensor. It is currently linked to nothing therefore it reports back as undefined.

So how do I "link it to something?"

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2020, 04:37:47 PM »

You need to trigger the relevant sensor, ensure that HG acknowledges that trigger with a valid read and create the sensor based on that read.

Are you aware when you are doing all that deleting and modules cleanup you need to reboot/restart the HG server for changes to take effect.

mike

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2020, 06:35:38 PM »

Ah, we are getting closer to a solution!  How do I know when HG has "ensure that HG acknowledges that trigger"

I suspect it will be acknowledged when triggered and HG posts its little window at top right corner showing the code received - LIKE IT USED TO DO A YEAR AGO BUT NEVER SINCE.

Please tell me how to "ensure that HG acknowledges that trigger."

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2020, 07:26:03 PM »

Ah, we are getting closer to a solution!  How do I know when HG has "ensure that HG acknowledges that trigger"

I suspect it will be acknowledged when triggered and HG posts its little window at top right corner showing the code received - LIKE IT USED TO DO A YEAR AGO BUT NEVER SINCE.

Please tell me how to "ensure that HG acknowledges that trigger."

If you are not seeing activity in the top right corner of the HG UI when you trip the sensor your communication between your X10 security sensor and your X10 controller is not functioning properly. You use a US CM15 controller which I believe but obviously cannot verify is not as sensitive as the EU CM15 controller.

If that is the case move your X10 security sensor as close as possible to your CM15 and try tripping it to see if that makes any difference.

Also you could power down both your RPI and your CM15 by unplugging it. This can clear any bottleneck between the two.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2020, 06:47:29 AM »

You use a US CM15 controller which I believe but obviously cannot verify is not as sensitive as the EU CM15 controller.
Actually, the transmitted power of EU RF devices is about 10x that of N. American devices so EU receivers have less need for sensitivity.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.