Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: old X10 Transceiver issue  (Read 3738 times)

Mic_

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
old X10 Transceiver issue
« on: October 25, 2020, 10:51:59 PM »

Greetings all

Please don't laugh at me, but, I still have a few older X10 Cameras (connected to transceivers) connected inside my house. I use the Transceivers and receivers (Older analog X10 items) to turn on and off the Cameras. A coupled days ago my monitor showed "lost" where I was able to see pictures from the Cameras

I moved the receiver to another monitor, and it worked, so I don't know why It suddenly stopped working in the original location.

By the way the original Location sports a quad processor...The "no signal" happened on channel 1. This is the Channel I have the receiver in question connected to. I moved said receiver to channel two, and so on, and it does not work on any of them. I moved one of the other inputs (Ones attached to the quad) to channel one, and it worked; this would indicate to most that the receiver that shows the lost signal, is the issue. Not so, since I physically connected the problem receiver to another monitor, and it works. This is a very strange puzzle. Any ideas out there? Remember, this just started happening out of the blue. 

Just tell me to go away, if I bother you all with this. Thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: old X10 Transceiver issue
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 06:24:31 AM »

We have others here that still use older X10 devises. So you are not alone asking about an older model. I believe some still have the BSR modules in use.

Do you have the X10 model numbers of transceiver. receiver and camera giving you the issue?
That may give us more information. Since there where numerous devices in camera setups.
The quad processors make and model number could possibly help.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 07:37:44 AM »

I have a few older x10 cams still in place.ĺ fact one is embeded inbetween logs at my off grid place so it is impossible to put away.  rofl
When anything x10 worked yesterday but not today the first think I do is think what have I changed. This goes for the old wireless cameras too. The antenna on the wireless transceiver & receiver need to be in line with each other perfectly and anything blocking that line of sight can affect the signal especialy if it is metal.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 12:25:26 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Mic_

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 07:55:37 AM »

The Quad processor is an evertech, Model EV-CQ204

Yes I agree, I back tracked to figure what I might have done to cause the issue; no luck. The thing just stopped working. I bought a new quad, thinking this may be the issue (It was not too expensive) to no avail.

I moved the receiver, like I said, to another monitor, and it worked fine. Foe some reason, the receiver stopped receiving, in the current location.

This is not the quad issue, I don't think, because I moved another input to the channel the problem receiver is on, and the new input works fine.

I them moved the Problem receiver to Quad channel two, three, and four, and it doesn't work on either

This is an analog quad, and all sources I have into it are analog

This one is a challenge!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 08:01:29 AM »

So it is only one camera that doesn't  display from the problem location other cameras work fine?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Mic_

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 08:09:48 AM »

Correct. Incidentally, I have another receiver attached in another room, to a monitor, and that camera (the one that doesn't display on the Quad) displays fine on the other Monitor.

I also tried the other Receiver on the Quad, channel 1; no dice. Again, this is a strange one. Gremlins

Mic_

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 08:12:35 AM »

I will continue to try things; if I find an answer, I will post here. If you all have I des, I will try them

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 12:34:44 PM »

The fact that the camera & quad woks from other locations indicates a blockage in the line of sight transmission or antennas are out of alignment
As well as a large metal object being in line of sight of camera and reciever look at what is close to the reciever that wasn't  there when things worked. Not just electrica things.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Mic_

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2020, 02:17:46 PM »

sound logic; however, I have 8 Transceivers that I run through the receiver, that I control through the X10 Hub, via my smart phone.

This may be something...I recently plugged out the Hub and plugged it back in, after a few hrs. Do you think I lost something there? I control things through the Hub app, on my smart phone. Now I have no control with the app, even though the App gives me the green light. Now that I think about it, this is when the issue started...

This may be where the issue reside?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 08:48:36 AM »

The WM100 would have no affect on your older x10 cameras other then being able to cycle their power. It would not affect the video signal. However if you plugged it back in close to the video receiver that has the issue there is a possibility both are interfering with each other though unlikely.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Mic_

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2020, 04:58:13 PM »

I have a dynamic IP; could this possibly be the gremlin? Still working the issue...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2020, 05:38:28 PM »

The old cameras use Rf and aren't  wifi. However your WM100 is WiFi and you should set an ip reservation in your router for it.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Mic_

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2020, 04:49:37 AM »

I run the transceivers via the WM100 app, on my smart phone. I also run some house lights through Transceivers, from said app. I'm still able to switch the lights on and off fine, with the phone app.

I run the Cameras, switching between them, through the Transceivers, like I do the lights. I then monitor all through the quad (I have a few separate camera systems on the other three channels) set up. While away, I operate things via a web Box (set this up through my router) while monitoring things on a computer. This is a hobby thing for me.

My challenge now is to figure why the Cameras on quad, Chanel one, don't show up

Mic_

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2020, 05:40:17 PM »

Success Story!!! Found a bad Power Supply on the receiver in question. Since there was a light on, on the malfunctioning receiver, when I turned it on, I never thought to check it's Power Supply. I decided to move said Power supply, to a receiver I knew worked, and, the receiver did not work with that Power supply.

I connected the Good Power Supply to the Problem Receiver, and attached both to the Quad, Chanel 1. Eureka, it works. All Quad Channels are up and running fine. Thank everyone here for working to help me solve this one.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2020, 07:36:11 AM »

Glad to see you solved the issue. Although I never had a power supply go on a reciever I have had them lose there full out put power for other things. I suspect that it was producing enough to power the led power light but not the rest of the electronics.  >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.