Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: old X10 Transceiver issue  (Read 3817 times)

Mic_

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: old X10 Transceiver issue
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2020, 10:28:18 AM »

That seems to be what happened. I had that receiver since the Radio shack days. I saw the radio Shack Decal on the failed Power supply

On another note, I have had a few power supplies on an external Hard Drive ( A Lacie, one of those fancy ones) loose a part of the power capability. Called the Company and they sent me a new Power Supply; it worked.

Extremely happy that I got that issue resolved. Thanks again for entertaining my issues and sticking with me throughout the solution...This Community rocks!!.

Mic_

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2020, 10:34:00 AM »

That is pretty much what happened. I had that Receiver/Power Supply Package since the Radio Shack Days

On another note, I had an external Hard Drive Power Supply (A fancy one, a Lacie) loose its fill power capacity. I called the Company and they sent me a new Power supply; this solved the issue

Thank you for entertaining my problem and for sticking with me through the resolution. This Community rocks!!.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2020, 12:37:19 PM »

I have had some supplies go south.
Most where switchers. My DSL interface and ISY series controllers all had switchers go bad.

I believe the X10 one is a transformer type. Maybe the filter capacitors let go.
One user here had a SC1200 supply go bad. X10 even sells a replacement. It is special as it also has the power line transmitter circuit in it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 12:39:01 PM by Brian H »

Mic_

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2020, 03:33:18 PM »

Thank you. I just got a few replacements from Ebay. Cheerio
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.