Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: slowly lost x10 functions again; fixed  (Read 1244 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
slowly lost x10 functions again; fixed
« on: November 21, 2020, 01:24:12 PM »

So over the last few months I slowly lost reliability of my cm15a's responses as requested by HG...  My Monterey power line signal analyzer shows it outputting .51V into the power line, but that is not enough to overcome all the signal suckers in my homestead to trigger my XTBR to retransmit it at 4+ volts on both phases.  So x10 sigs are being ignored more often than not - if they come from HG.  Local switches far away from the cm15 work fine with their local Eagle or Active eye sensors due to a few strategically located transceivers.

So signal sniffing, I went around trying to locate new sources that might be shrinking my power line signals.  Nothing found in shop, warehouse, barn, garage, but did not get time to check house.

So on a whim, I decided to try MOVING my pi with HG and cm15a from high 2nd story office location to ground floor where my XTBR is located next to a subpanel.  Plugged it into it.  WOW!  Everything is back and solid again!  Why didn't I do this years ago?  I was afraid the security RF transmit from cm15a would not reach my SC11200 controller, & I used to use the cm15a for RF i/o (for years now I use V572rf32 for RF to powerline so not cm15a anymore)...  Well, it does!

So far, test show I am back to 100% reliability.  I thought I would share this in case anyone else with an XTBR repeater may want to consider plugging their cm15a directly into it.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 01:28:26 PM by mike »

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
Re: slowly lost x10 functions again; fixed
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 04:15:12 PM »

The CM15A output should be ~6Vpp. Measure it now.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: slowly lost x10 functions again; fixed
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 04:21:02 PM »

Thanks Dave!  I thought .5v sounded low!  My spare unit measured .6v output and would no longer see or transmit security codes.  I just bought a replacement unit on ebay, due in next week. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.