Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Help me unfustrate with my MT14. I think. Please  (Read 12019 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Help me unfustrate with my MT14. I think. Please
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2021, 12:54:17 PM »

The MT14A has manual buttons to turn on and off modules. Not related to what is programmed into it.
So you can try to turn on and off the modules at other times of the day.
That may also see if their is something making power line noise at the times programmed into it.

nabril15

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2021, 12:57:12 PM »

The MT14A has manual buttons to turn on and off modules. Not related to what is programmed into it.
So you can try to turn on and off the modules at other times of the day.
That may also see if their is something making power line noise at the times programmed into it.
thanks Brian
yes, I use those on/off buttons to turn off the lights when I see them on; I also use the remote.
For number 8, there is nothing programmed during the day; they come on at 6:15pm, and go off at 11pm.
Between 11am and now, I've turned them off twice because I looked outside and saw them turned on.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2021, 01:09:28 PM »

Have you tried unplugging the MT14 to see if the lights stay off?  Doing that would confirm or eliminate it as a cause.  What House code are you using? You mention that you have a remote which means you also have at least one transceiver. That's another item to unplug and observe. Unplug both and see if the lights stay off.  If they do plug the Transceiver back in and see if they stay off.  If it does, unplug the that and plug the MT14 back in and observe.  Any other controllers in the house?  I once had a Mini Controller that would act up sometimes.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2021, 01:13:37 PM »

Any chance of neighbouring RF interference. Can the security feature be manually overridden. Maybe you could reset the MT14 to clear any possible conflicts.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2021, 01:16:42 PM »

Have you tried unplugging the MT14 to see if the lights stay off?  Doing that would confirm or eliminate it as a cause.  What House code are you using? You mention that you have a remote which means you also have at least one transceiver. That's another item to unplug and observe. Unplug both and see if the lights stay off.  If they do plug the Transceiver back in and see if they stay off.  If it does, unplug the that and plug the MT14 back in and observe.  Any other controllers in the house?  I once had a Mini Controller that would act up sometimes.

Just noticed your comment re a remote. Might be worth getting a list of X10 equipment on the premises before troubleshooting this one.

nabril15

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2021, 01:21:22 PM »

Any chance of neighbouring RF interference. Can the security feature be manually overridden. Maybe you could reset the MT14 to clear any possible conflicts.
thanks Peter A
SUre, I guess that's possible, but can RF cause an ON signal to appear? I do have a list, it's not extensive - 2 controllers (mt14 and CR13a palm pad).
I will try the isolations of the MT14 and the transceiver suggested above.

I just learned about the of the security feature on the mT14 or even where it's at. The word security, however, is not displayed on the screen,.

brobin

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2021, 01:26:21 PM »

Another test would be to simply change the House code on the XPS3 and it still happens it would suggest a bad switch.  While you're at it, give both code wheels a spin to remove oxidation from the contacts.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2021, 02:19:19 PM »

thanks Peter A
SUre, I guess that's possible, but can RF cause an ON signal to appear? I do have a list, it's not extensive - 2 controllers (mt14 and CR13a palm pad).
I will try the isolations of the MT14 and the transceiver suggested above.

I just learned about the of the security feature on the mT14 or even where it's at. The word security, however, is not displayed on the screen,.

Quote from the MT14a sales blurb..............................The possibilities are limitless with this intelligent little timer and your array of X10 appliance & light modules. You can even select the "security" mode and have lights turn on and off at different times of the day to simulate an occupied home when you are away.

The fact that you have both RF and PLC in the same environment it opens up possible conflicts,Not sure if a neighbour's setup would be relevant to you but if your neighbour was using RF switching equipment on the same House Code as yourself his RF control could well be affecting yours. In fact with the proliferation of cheap RF electronics anything operating on the same band as your RF could cause interference.

A solution to this as mentioned above is to change your House Code.As you have two remotes listed you must have a transceiver plugged in to use them,Remove the transceiver from the power outlet and do your tests again. Finally, and highly unlikely make sure the buttons on your remotes are not pressed in the down position. possibly worn or something causing them to stick or something lying on top of them or someone sitting on them at that time of the day  rofl Just remove the batteries to check that one.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2021, 06:44:05 PM »

The CR13A is an RF device and is not a controller on the power lines.
What Transceiver are you using to translate the X10 RF command back onto the power lines?
Common models are X10 TM751/X10Pro PAT02, X10 RR501/X10Pro PAT01.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2021, 07:05:47 PM »

The CR13A is an RF device and is not a controller on the power lines.
What Transceiver are you using to translate the X10 RF command back onto the power lines?
Common models are X10 TM751/X10Pro PAT02, X10 RR501/X10Pro PAT01.

Yes I was referring to the transceiver when he mentioned that he had two remotes. It's just when X10'stops functioning suddenly i always look at all the possibilities both RF and PLC. I think one of those remotes are used for X10 cameras. I wonder if X10 cameras are installed too. Again getting the full list definitely helps to rule out any possibility.

nabril15

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2021, 09:31:59 PM »

Again getting the full list definitely helps to rule out any possibility.

thanks again Peter
My very simple setup consists of: 4 xps3's, an xps2, a bulk socket thing, and a ws467. Controlling, I have the mt014, an rr501, and 2 control remote pads.

I think that I cleared the problem with the xps3 with code 8. I cleared its 2 programmed times on the mt014, and added them back. I will confirm tomorrow if it worked for sure. If tomorrow I see the same goofiness, then I'll change house code, remove the mt014, etc.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2021, 10:41:07 PM »

thanks again Peter
My very simple setup consists of: 4 xps3's, an xps2, a bulk socket thing, and a ws467. Controlling, I have the mt014, an rr501, and 2 control remote pads.

I think that I cleared the problem with the xps3 with code 8. I cleared its 2 programmed times on the mt014, and added them back. I will confirm tomorrow if it worked for sure. If tomorrow I see the same goofiness, then I'll change house code, remove the mt014, etc.

That's good news. Hopefully that's done the trick. If not you've plenty of troubleshooting options to choose from. The joys of X10  :)%

brobin

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2021, 12:08:26 AM »

thanks again Peter

Good news, hope that's the fix!

nabril15

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2021, 03:06:09 PM »

Nope, that's not the fix. The switch and lights kept taunting me yesterday and earlier today. I changed the xp3's number code, but they still came on, so I just changed the house code as was suggested to see.

How would I go about removing any potential security mode on the mt14A? I don't see the word security on the face of the controller at any point at night, when all of my lights are on.

brobin

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2021, 03:14:49 PM »

Nope, that's not the fix. The switch and lights kept taunting me yesterday and earlier today. I changed the xp3's number code, but they still came on, so I just changed the house code as was suggested to see.

How would I go about removing any potential security mode on the mt14A? I don't see the word security on the face of the controller at any point at night, when all of my lights are on.

See page 9 & 10 of the manual.  http://www.authinx.com/manuals/X10/MT13A.pdf
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.