🖥️ActiveHome Pro > Help & Troubleshooting

CM19A Windows 10 drivers

(1/2) > >>

james77:
I just purchased a CM19A which I intended to use with either FireCracker or Active Home Software to control my X10 modules.
I am running Windows 10 and the CM19A will not install.
Device manager indicates that there is no device driver available.

Where can I get a device driver?

Usually a Windows 8 or Vista driver will work with Windows 10 with some tweaking.

Am I forced to use Windows 7 or older OS?

petera:
https://www.x10.com/activehome.html

Try installing the software first then attach the CM19. I know nothing about AHP but this looks like your best option. I'm sure there's plenty of info on this in the forum. I'm sure one of the AHP aficionados will jump in to point you in the right direction.

Tuicemen:
As petera suggested download AHP and install it first it does work on Windows 10.
once you have it installed plugin the cm19. You can register AHP to remove the nags by using AHP-Lifejacket. This will also give you a couple plug-ins.
There are also a number of other software packages out there that work with the CM19 and Windows 10 but you will not be happy with Firecracker.
You may wish to look at HomeGenie which will run on WIn10 or a raspberry pi with your cm19. >!

bkenobi:
If your looking for a very simply win10 based setup, AHP is probably your best bet. HoneGenie is a great tool but far too complicated for just dabbling with. We've had a lot of people try it and just end up struggling.  I'd stick with AHP unless you want to invest a lot of time learning.

Tuicemen:

--- Quote from: bkenobi on December 30, 2020, 10:03:04 AM ---If your looking for a very simply win10 based setup, AHP is probably your best bet. HoneGenie is a great tool but far too complicated for just dabbling with. We've had a lot of people try it and just end up struggling.  I'd stick with AHP unless you want to invest a lot of time learning.

--- End quote ---
The simplicity of AHP over HomeGenie (HG)only comes into play once you start playing with timers, macros and Plugins. IMO
I think most users that tried HG and struggled were trying it on a PI and new to a PI (linuxbased) OS.

The PiX10Hub makes a good intro into the world of HG and the Pi OS.
HG running on a Pi is far more powerful then on a PC IMO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version