Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Re: Smartenit Harmony P2 & G2 Controllers  (Read 7452 times)

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: Smartenit Harmony P2 & G2 Controllers
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2022, 01:15:25 PM »

Make sure that A2 and A6 were set up as X10 Dimmers (assuming A2 is a lamp module).  You can see how they're set up by logging into your account at https://console.smartenit.io/ and clicking on 'Devices' to see details. 

I don't use Amazon light switches but I believe they are ZigBee devices.  The P2 has the capability to control ZigBee devices with a ZigBee dongle from Smartenit but I have no experience with that.  You might want to contact support about that.

SkipWX10

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2022, 04:48:45 PM »

Make sure that A2 and A6 were set up as X10 Dimmers (assuming A2 is a lamp module).  You can see how they're set up by logging into your account at https://console.smartenit.io/ and clicking on 'Devices' to see details. 

Yep, both set up as X10 dimmers (it's the switch - A6 - that still has issues, but nothing I can't live with)

I don't use Amazon light switches but I believe they are ZigBee devices.  The P2 has the capability to control ZigBee devices with a ZigBee dongle from Smartenit but I have no experience with that.  You might want to contact support about that.

Yeah, ALexa already controls them, so I won't be adding a Zigbee dongle...thanks though

Oh, and as others have mentioned, the Smartenit app does not register correct device state when commands come from another controller. My lights all came on tonight as usual with the CM15a and app shows all at 0% and nothing in the events log...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 04:52:29 PM by SkipWX10 »

brobin

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2022, 07:25:00 PM »

I've tested mine several times and it always tracks the status of commands from other controllers successfully.  I do have a very robust X10 signal throughout my home with an XTB-IIR+ installed.  Do you have any type of X10 coupler/repeater installed? The issue you describe sounds like a noise problem.  You may want to plug the PLM into an outlet on the same circuit as your other controller.  For testing, try a mini/maxi controller plugged into the same out let as the PLM.  Do NOT plug the PLM into a power strip as most of them reduce signal strength.

SkipWX10

Re: Re: Smartenit Harmony P2 & G2 Controllers
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2022, 09:38:09 PM »

Thanks, I'll try some other testing with a palm pad or even the WM100. It's not critical that I see the CM15a commands sent or the device states, just would like to open Harmony app and see correct status.

I do have a Smarthome 4816 SignaLinc.

My CM15a can control lamp modules 125ft away out in the yard on the end of an extension cord for Christmas lights, so signal generally travels well in my house

Mic_

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2022, 10:12:04 PM »

This is a picture of My home screen for the p2 hub; does it look Ok as far as set up? I tried out the devices I set up. Some work, some don't.
I placed the file here as an attachment. Please let me know if it can be seen. thanks

SkipWX10

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2022, 11:32:08 PM »

@brobin: I know you're working several member setups right now....

Commands sent from a palm pad (to CM15a for execution) are registered and the state of device is updated
Commands sent from the WM100 app (to WM100 for execution) are registered and the state of device is updated

Commands sent from CM15a as part of a timer setup in AHP are neither registered in event log nor updated in device state

And a new one...my wife went to bed early and I just noticed she had dimmed the bedroom lights from the bedside mini controller and the device state in Harmony shows 100%

Still some more testing to do but all in all I'm really satisfied with the Harmony/PLM setup and the Alexa integration. It will allow me to set up skills and routines for voice commands and also have something else to depend on for backup other than the WM100 if the CM15a dies or when away and needing remote control (that's actually why I bought the WM100, for remote access in the event of a power outage...after power back up I could access device status and command history since CM15a would not keep time....)

Thanks for the suggestion and assistance.

brobin

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2022, 12:11:34 AM »

AFAIK, the only thing that would prevent the P2 from seeing the X10 commands would be weak or noisy signals.  I can send commands from my Stagate or mini/maxi controllers and see the changes in the app.  Since that's true for you from some devices but not others I'm wondering if the ones that don't update are on one leg and the others are on the same leg as the P2.  That may also explain the A2 & A6 issue.
You may have mentioned it but what are you're using as a coupler/repeater if anything?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 06:24:23 AM by brobin »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2022, 06:22:12 AM »

One thing you may or may not have to take into consideration.
If the CM15A is using the X10 Extended command to set the dimmer.
The PLM may not process the message. From the CM15A.

The PLM is based on an "old" x10 protocol similar to that used by the PCS Smartswitches. These devices used "preset Dim" and standard "Dim" commands.
X10 brand, Leviton, and other manufacturers conform to a "newer" X10 standard that uses "extended code Direct Dim" and standard "Dim" commands.

brobin

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2022, 02:14:13 PM »

Brian H hit the nail on the head.  Based on the test results that explains why the P2 doesn't update on CM15A dim commands but does for On/Off commands.  The PLM ignores the X10 Extended Codes.  Other than not updating the status in the app you can still have the P2 dim the devices.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2022, 06:34:46 PM »

It should see the Standard X10 commands.
Like full on and dim down commands sent to dim it down.
I have no idea if the P2 could process it.

brobin

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2022, 09:05:30 PM »

This chilly winter evening (it's 69F here, brrrr) I did some testing on dimming status with the P2.  The P2 status updates On & Off from other controllers correctly. It does NOT update Dim/Bright commands from my Stargate (TW523) or from a Maxi Controller.  It DOES send all commands properly and will reflect the status from all commands sent from the P2.  It would appear that the P2 just ignores received Dim/Bright.  This may be a P2 firmware issue rather than having anything to do with the PLM.   

So, if you tell Alexa to "Set Desk Lamp to 60%" the P2 will do so and the status and event log will update.  If you have a timer in a WM100 or CM15A or just use a PalmPad then Dim/Bright commands will not be updated in the status or event log but On/Off will.

Smartenit never envisioned much of an X10 user base and concentrated more on Insteon and ZigBee.  IMO, the only reason they did anything with X10 is that the Insteon PLM is X10 compatible and they've always supported X10 as part of the Insteon capability.  They've been taken somewhat by surprise by the number of X10 users that have purchased the P2 to use primarily as an Alexa/GH bridge.  With the number of X10 users they now have perhaps they could be convinced to update the firmware to accommodate dim/bright status if enough users care to send support requests for it.

SkipWX10

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2022, 09:24:00 PM »

I will do some more testing as well and once I have a set of instances that I can easily repeat where the P2 does or doesn't do what's asked or does or doesn't log the correct command or status, either from WM100, CM15a or Alexa, I will craft an email to their support group. As you say, can't hurt to try and also to let them know how many of us are out here!

brobin

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2022, 12:23:33 AM »

Another thing I noticed about dimming is that when my Stargate sends a command to set a level at 60% the lamp will turn on at 100% then quickly and smoothly ramp down to 60%.  The Stargate log then shows:

XMIT: B2
XMIT: B (Multiple) Dims

but when I tell Alexa to do the same thing the P2 turns on at 100% and then dims in discrete steps down to 60% and shows up in the Stargate log as:

RECV: B2
RECV: B DIM

None of this matters to me since I use the P2 to trigger events in the Stargate rather than control anything directly.  IOW, when I tell Alexa to "turn on Desk Lamp" the P2 sends X10 command 'N2-ON' which triggers the Stargate to turn on the Desk Lamp at 60%.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2022, 11:53:45 AM »

I understand the SmartHome PLM is no longer being manufactured, and pre-owned units are expensive if they can be found at all.

For those of you using the Smartenit Harmony to control just X10 devices, I converted the XTB-232 to emulate the PLM's X10 protocol.  I'm using it in our own home to provide an X10 interface for Alexa.

https://jvde.us/xtb-xm/

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Possum0425

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2022, 02:26:18 PM »

Hey Jeff-still using your equipment and the Smartenit Harmony, works like a charm.  Glad to see all are still here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.