Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: CM15A Problem- Seems to get Stuck "on"  (Read 9383 times)

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: CM15A Problem- Seems to get Stuck "on"
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2021, 12:53:23 PM »

I dare not mention this but if the broadcast service is enabled in HomeGenie, the Smartenit hub should discover its devices. Again it’s trying to determine where the priority will be placed on the setup. HomeGenie will do all scenes, macros, timers and automations that any setup would need. If it’s just about Alexa leave things as they are.

I do suggest that if anyone wants the best of both worlds that’s simple to setup and use I’d go the Homeseer Hometroller route. Based around the Raspberry Pi 3 it has everything anyone would need for both the novice and the advanced user. While X10 is no longer supported the slack has been taken up by a very knowledgeable community. I can confirm that the CM11, CM15 and the CM19 will all work. At least twice a year they have a half price sale https://shop.homeseer.com/products/homeseer-pi-smart-home-hub

The Smartenit Hub won't discover anything other than Insteon and ZigBee devices during the 'Add New Device' process. X10 devices are added manually by naming the device and selecting House and Unit codes.

Moose

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2021, 01:25:12 PM »

I think I have a group activity working, but I have a new issue. I created a Device called Gooddmorning to turn on 2 lights and a radio in the AM. I altered the spelling to make sure Alexa found my new device instead of an obsolete one called Goodmorning.  I control it with a pseudo module in X10 called B1. I can tap the device button in the Harmony app and everything works. But, with Alexa I can no longer say "Alexa Gooddmorning On" I have to say "Alexa turn on Gooddmorning". What the heck changed that I did not see coming. B:( ;D

brobin

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2021, 01:42:15 PM »

I think I have a group activity working, but I have a new issue. I created a Device called Gooddmorning to turn on 2 lights and a radio in the AM. I altered the spelling to make sure Alexa found my new device instead of an obsolete one called Goodmorning.  I control it with a pseudo module in X10 called B1. I can tap the device button in the Harmony app and everything works. But, with Alexa I can no longer say "Alexa Gooddmorning On" I have to say "Alexa turn on Gooddmorning". What the heck changed that I did not see coming. B:( ;D

Set it up as a Routine in the Alexa app.  When we say "Alexa good morning" it triggers a pseudo module that causes her to tell us the weather, raise the blackout shades and turn off the alarm.

Moose

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2021, 01:57:12 PM »

Set it up as a Routine in the Alexa app.  When we say "Alexa good morning" it triggers a pseudo module that causes her to tell us the weather, raise the blackout shades and turn off the alarm.

rofl  B:( I just deleted my Alexa Routines because there was a name conflict with my new Automation Rule setup within Smartenit.  :)

So, when you are trying something new, how do you choose whether it will be a Smartenit device and/or Automation Rule vs an Alexa Routine? There must be some advantages or disadvantages that I do not immediately see, yet! ???
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 01:59:00 PM by Moose »

brobin

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2021, 02:11:36 PM »

rofl B:(I just deleted mt Alexa Routines because there was a name conflict with my new Automation Rule setup within Smartenit.  :)

So, when you are trying something new, how do you choose whether it will be a Smartenit device and/or Automation Rule vs an Alexa Routine? There must be some advantages or disadvantages that I do not immediately see, yet! ???

I prefer to use a pseudo module (I like your name for it) to trigger an Automation Rule (aka Macro) in the p2 Hub as I can easily modify it without dealing with the Alexa app. The only time I have multiple items in a routine is if multiple gateways/hubs are involved.
For example, I have one routine called 'Start Cooking' that my wife uses.  When Alexa hears that, she communicates first to a stand alone Somfy gateway to lower the lanai screens and 8 seconds later to the P2 Hub to open the sliding doors to the lanai and turn on some lights.  So if I wanted to add, delete or modify which lights or their dim levels, I would do that in the Automation Rule rather than messing with the Alexa routine which I'd be more likely to break.

Moose

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2021, 11:29:26 AM »

All of the devices associated with HG seem to be gone from Alexa. HG and HABridge are off. Individual commands through Alexa to Smartenit Devices are working fine. But, I had created 2 "Routines" in Alexa to control 2 sets of devices. A few hours after Re-Discovery, Alexa forgets them. I just took a look in the Alexa app. The Routine Titles are still there, but all the "Actions" have disappeared.

When everything was "working" with HG and the Harmony, yes there were 2 sets of devices, and for the most part, they co-existed nicely. So I have dropped from 25 devices to just 15.

They’ll coexist until Amazon do a firmware update. The HA Bridge functionality will then break and that’s when your problem starts. Unlike registered skills like the one you have in your Smartenit hub these firmware updates kill emulators like HA Bridge. As it is now you no longer need the HA Bridge so leave it disabled. That should solve most of your issues.

Could you suggest Linus command(s) to elegantly remove HABridge completely? Or should I just disable it?

Moose

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2021, 11:43:02 AM »

I am still a little puzzled. I have an Automation Rule for Goodmorning...
When all of these conditions are met:
Every day when Gooddmorning is On

EFFECTS
Then do the following:
After 1 secs, turn On Kitchen Radio
After 1 secs, turn On Kitchen Counter
After 1 secs, set Kitchen Light to 100%
After 5 secs, turn Off Gooddmorning

When I run it, I get these Events reading from the bottom up...

Kitchen Light turned on  INFO  2021-02-14T15:11:53.000Z
Kitchen Light set to 99%  INFO  2021-02-14T15:11:53.000Z
Gooddmorning turned off  INFO  2021-02-14T15:11:46.000Z
Action "After 5 secs, turn Off Gooddmorning" triggered  INFO  2021-02-14T15:11:44.000Z
Kitchen Counter turned on  INFO  2021-02-14T15:11:42.000Z
Kitchen Radio turned on  INFO  2021-02-14T15:11:42.000Z
Action "After 1 secs, set Kitchen Light to 100%" triggered  INFO  2021-02-14T15:11:41.000Z
Action "After 1 secs, turn On Kitchen Counter" triggered  INFO  2021-02-14T15:11:40.000Z
Action "After 1 secs, turn On Kitchen Radio" triggered   INFO  2021-02-14T15:11:40.000Z
Gooddmorning turned on  INFO  2021-02-14T15:11:39.000Z
"Gooddmorning " rule has been triggered  INFO 021-02-14T15:11:39.000Z

What is odd to me, the Kitchen Light does come on 3rd, but shows up in the Event log after the Automation Rule has terminated.

Also, when I had the Kitchen Light selected to come 1st in the Automation Rule, it turned on last, at least 10 seconds after the Rule terminated. Any thoughts Brobin?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2021, 12:23:33 PM »

Could you suggest Linus command(s) to elegantly remove HABridge completely? Or should I just disable it?
sudo systemctl stop ha-bridge.service
sudo systemctl disable ha-bridge.service
That will disable it and prevent it from loading at bootup
You can then remove the HA-Bridge and service if you wish.

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Moose

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2021, 02:17:45 PM »

sudo systemctl stop ha-bridge.service
sudo systemctl disable ha-bridge.service
That will disable it and prevent it from loading at bootup
You can then remove the HA-Bridge and service if you wish.

What about complete removal. Would it be something like

sudo apt-get remove habridge
then
rm -r "any habridge folders"

brobin

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2021, 03:05:41 PM »

EFFECTS
Then do the following:

Action "After 5 secs, turn Off Gooddmorning" triggered  INFO  2021-02-14T15:11:44.000Z
Action "After 1 secs, set Kitchen Light to 100%" triggered  INFO  2021-02-14T15:11:41.000Z
Action "After 1 secs, turn On Kitchen Counter" triggered  INFO  2021-02-14T15:11:40.000Z
Action "After 1 secs, turn On Kitchen Radio" triggered   INFO  2021-02-14T15:11:40.000Z

What is odd to me, the Kitchen Light does come on 3rd, but shows up in the Event log after the Automation Rule has terminated.

Also, when I had the Kitchen Light selected to come 1st in the Automation Rule, it turned on last, at least 10 seconds after the Rule terminated. Any thoughts Brobin?

I don't know enough, or even much, about the inner workings of the programming logic to do more than guess, but I'd suspect it has something to do sending a dim level to a lamp module/switch as opposed to just sending an ON command to an appliance module/switch.
What's the reason for the 1 sec delay between each device?  It'd be interesting to see what happens if all the delays are set to 0 (or maybe you already know?).  Even without the delays the commands will still be issued sequentially.

But it's all working as you want, correct?

Moose

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2021, 03:17:28 PM »

EFFECTS
Then do the following:

I don't know enough, or even much, about the inner workings of the programming logic to do more than guess, but I'd suspect it has something to do sending a dim level to a lamp module/switch as opposed to just sending an ON command to an appliance module/switch.
What's the reason for the 1 sec delay between each device?  It'd be interesting to see what happens if all the delays are set to 0 (or maybe you already know?).  Even without the delays the commands will still be issued sequentially.

But it's all working as you want, correct?

I am getting closer. I added the delays earlier because some things seemed to be happening simultaneously and then some devices would not come on at all. So, I thought a bit of delay would create order.  :) As I said above, when the Kitchen Light was put 1st, there was a 10-20 second delay. I was not sure if it would come on at all. Have you ever noticed Actions being completed after the Automation Rule completed on your setup?

I have one other odd behavior. I have two porch lights on the same code, and two porch motion sensors, also on their same code. I combine that with after sunset and before sunrise so that any motion at either porch turns on both Porch lights(and I have them stay on for 2 minutes). That has always worked well, initially with HG. Now with the P2, the front porch only comes on about 1/2 the time(but, the back porch light is on, so I know the logic worked). If I manually turn the front porch light on, it always goes out in 2 minutes. I have yet to swap out the switch, but it feels like a long shot. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 03:19:53 PM by Moose »

brobin

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2021, 03:50:05 PM »

I am getting closer. I added the delays earlier because some things seemed to be happening simultaneously and then some devices would not come on at all. So, I thought a bit of delay would create order.  :) As I said above, when the Kitchen Light was put 1st, there was a 10-20 second delay. I was not sure if it would come on at all. Have you ever noticed Actions being completed after the Automation Rule completed on your setup?

I have one other odd behavior. I have two porch lights on the same code, and two porch motion sensors, also on their same code. I combine that with after sunset and before sunrise so that any motion at either porch turns on both Porch lights(and I have them stay on for 2 minutes). That has always worked well, initially with HG. Now with the P2, the front porch only comes on about 1/2 the time(but, the back porch light is on, so I know the logic worked). If I manually turn the front porch light on, it always goes out in 2 minutes. I have yet to swap out the switch, but it feels like a long shot. Thoughts?

OK, I understand the delays and what you describe confirms the time needed for the dim commands. If you don't need dimming from the P2 Hub for the Kitchen Light, you could try redefining it as an appliance module to eliminate the dim set delay.  If you do need dimming from the P2, define 'Kitchen Light' as an appliance module and add a new device 'Kitchen Lamp' as a lamp module with the same House/Unit code for both. So the P2 Hub will have two devices with the same address. In your Gooddmorning rule, 'turn on Kitchen Light' will send the ON with no dimming.  If you want to dim it with the app select Kitchen Lamp and set the level.

As for the porch lights, as I understand it, you have the two porch motion sensors (MS16 or similar & transceiver?) sending an X10 code to turn on the two porch lights set to that code.  So the lights are turning on in response to the code sent by the motion sensor rather than a code sent from the P2 Hub.  The P2 Hub hears the X10 code and responds by sending an OFF after a two minute delay.  Is that right?  If so, then I'd guess a signal issue from the transceiver to one of the porch lights.  If I've got that wrong tell me more about how it's set up.

Moose

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2021, 04:17:59 PM »

OK, I understand the delays and what you describe confirms the time needed for the dim commands. If you don't need dimming from the P2 Hub for the Kitchen Light, you could try redefining it as an appliance module to eliminate the dim set delay.  If you do need dimming from the P2, define 'Kitchen Light' as an appliance module and add a new device 'Kitchen Lamp' as a lamp module with the same House/Unit code for both. So the P2 Hub will have two devices with the same address. In your Gooddmorning rule, 'turn on Kitchen Light' will send the ON with no dimming.  If you want to dim it with the app select Kitchen Lamp and set the level.

As for the porch lights, as I understand it, you have the two porch motion sensors (MS16 or similar & transceiver?) sending an X10 code to turn on the two porch lights set to that code.  So the lights are turning on in response to the code sent by the motion sensor rather than a code sent from the P2 Hub.  The P2 Hub hears the X10 code and responds by sending an OFF after a two minute delay.  Is that right?  If so, then I'd guess a signal issue from the transceiver to one of the porch lights.  If I've got that wrong tell me more about how it's set up.

That IS an interesting idea, 2 modules, same device. I will play with that.

Not quite. Two MS16's set to A1 and two lights on dimmers set to A2. The MS16's are logic ANDed with "after sunset and before sunrise" so that the lights go on with motion, after dark, for 2 minutes. It did work fine with HG. The flakey one is a newer decora type and the other is the old style small pushbutton.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2021, 04:20:48 PM »

I assume you have dispensed with HG completely in favour of the P2 so ensure you have stopped the HG service in order to avoid any conflicts in automation scripts between the two. You clearly have some form of bottleneck on the line. In fact if the P2 is looking after all your automations do you need X10 in HG. If not just disable X10 in HG altogether.

brobin

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2021, 04:28:52 PM »

That IS an interesting idea, 2 modules, same device. I will play with that.

Not quite. Two MS16's set to A1 and two lights on dimmers set to A2. The MS16's are logic ANDed with "after sunset and before sunrise" so that the lights go on with motion, after dark, for 2 minutes. It did work fine with HG. The flakey one is a newer decora type and the other is the old style small pushbutton.

So we know the P2 Hub is sending A2-On because at least one of the modules responds.  Does the Decora switch respond correctly from the app? You mention that they are dimmer switches and we know from the Kitchen Light that the P2 Hub sends dimming commands even for 100%.  So, as in the Kitchen Light discussion, try defining the Porch lights as Appliance modules or even as bot as discussed above.  Maybe the Decora switch is not receiving as strong a signal or understanding the dim to 99% command.  Are the P2's PLM and HG's CM15A located on the same circuit?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.