Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: CM15A Problem- Seems to get Stuck "on"  (Read 9156 times)

Moose

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: CM15A Problem- Seems to get Stuck "on"
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2021, 09:33:54 PM »

While I am working on fine tuning the P2, HG is off. It is hard to know if the the P2-PLM and CM15A were on the same phase, but I do have a X10 phase connector with repeater in the house.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2021, 09:40:23 PM »

I don't know how the PLM X10 signal strength compares to the CM15a but I haven't had any issues.  However I have an XTB-IIR in the house so I wouldn't expect any.  Perhaps you could move the P2/PLM to the same out let as the CM15a and test from there.  Also look around the outlets near the PLM and see if there are any chargers, printers, or PC's plugged in.  If you're using a power strip for the PLM, try plugging the PLM directly into a wall outlet.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 11:08:42 AM by brobin »

Moose

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2021, 10:15:13 AM »

I assume you have dispensed with HG completely in favour of the P2 so ensure you have stopped the HG service in order to avoid any conflicts in automation scripts between the two. You clearly have some form of bottleneck on the line. In fact if the P2 is looking after all your automations do you need X10 in HG. If not just disable X10 in HG altogether.

I am keeping my options open. Once I get things sorted a little more, HG would make a nice desktop interface if I can get HG and P2 to play nice together.  :) I hate working from a cell phone. So small, and only 1 device visible at a time.

brobin

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2021, 11:16:13 AM »

Don't forget that you can also run the app from a tablet or you can access and work with everything from the web portal by logging into your account at https://console.smartenit.io/ from any browser.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2021, 01:30:48 PM »

I assume you have dispensed with HG completely in favour of the P2 so ensure you have stopped the HG service in order to avoid any conflicts in automation scripts between the two. You clearly have some form of bottleneck on the line. In fact if the P2 is looking after all your automations do you need X10 in HG. If not just disable X10 in HG altogether.

I am keeping my options open. Once I get things sorted a little more, HG would make a nice desktop interface if I can get HG and P2 to play nice together.  :) I hate working from a cell phone. So small, and only 1 device visible at a time.

While you’re getting your P2/PLM setup sorted out I suggest you dispense with your CM15 and get yourself a CM19. It’s RF based and in my opinion is a lot more stable than the CM15 with HG. For $20 this should get your HG/Raspberry Pi back on track and should work a lot better with your Smartenit setup https://www.x10.com/cm19a.html

Moose

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2021, 12:45:20 PM »

The system with the P2 is running pretty well. I even have my wireless control pads working again. I found a CM19 in my parts box, so I will give that a try. I do have one more oddity though. For the last 4 nights, between 7:15 and 7:40, the command for "Gooddmorning on" gets run according to the Smartenit event log. It results in the Kitchen Radio getting turned back on. I see no corresponding event in Alexa's history, except my command to turn off the radio. This Command has never been automated or put on a timer by me. It has always been a voice command. Any thoughts?

brobin

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2021, 01:23:55 PM »

Given the times, could it be related to some sunset or sunrise time?  Can you send a screenshot of your Automation Rule?  It might be easier to do that from the web portal at console.smartenit.io .  I understand that you don't see any activity in the Alexa app but what about in the Smartenit app?  Any other controller (HG) set to turn things on at dawn or dusk?

Moose

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2021, 01:58:16 PM »

Given the times, could it be related to some sunset or sunrise time?  Can you send a screenshot of your Automation Rule?  It might be easier to do that from the web portal at console.smartenit.io .  I understand that you don't see any activity in the Alexa app but what about in the Smartenit app?  Any other controller (HG) set to turn things on at dawn or dusk?

I did say that in the Smartenit event log, the "Gooddmorning" script gets run. It is about 2 hours past sunset though. They are pretty basic, but I will attach the 2 Automation Rules.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 02:04:16 PM by Moose »

brobin

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2021, 02:19:49 PM »

Could whatever device address you're using for 'Gooddmorning' be getting turned on by another controller during that time?

Moose

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2021, 02:42:57 PM »

Could whatever device address you're using for 'Gooddmorning' be getting turned on by another controller during that time?

Only if there was some harmonic crossover or frequency overlap. All my active devices are on the "A" channel. I put the Gooddmorning pseudo device on B1.

brobin

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2021, 02:51:09 PM »

That's a strange one. The next thing that comes to mind is to ask Alexa ro cancel all alarms and reminders just to be sure that's not triggering it. I assume you don't have an X10 tester to monitor.

Moose

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2021, 03:12:42 PM »

That's a strange one. The next thing that comes to mind is to ask Alexa ro cancel all alarms and reminders just to be sure that's not triggering it. I assume you don't have an X10 tester to monitor.

No I do not have an X10 Tester, but I do not have any Alarms, Reminders or Routines in Alexa either.  :) I suppose I could just try a different device address, say B3 to see what happens.

brobin

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2021, 04:50:11 PM »

Might as well try that but change the Housecode too just to be sure, like C-3. If you have a lamp or appliance module that you could set to B1 it'd be interesting to see if it turns on at the same time. The X10 B1-ON is not sent by Alexa or the P2 so it would tell us if somehow something is sending that code.

Moose

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2021, 08:17:33 AM »

Might as well try that but change the Housecode too just to be sure, like C-3. If you have a lamp or appliance module that you could set to B1 it'd be interesting to see if it turns on at the same time. The X10 B1-ON is not sent by Alexa or the P2 so it would tell us if somehow something is sending that code.

Yeah! Problem solved.  :)% This discussion helped a lot. Thanks Brobin. But, it took me a while to sort through it. I made a post here... http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=31432.0 Saying that I had this Timer and how well it still worked. So, I got thinking outside of the box a little, because I have not done anything with the Timer in years, except "enable or disable" it. My problem comes from the way I disable it. I turn the rotary House Code switch from A to B or P(one click either direction). In this case I had it on B which was turning on the radio via Gooddmorning at 7:15 +/- 30 minutes. I guess I should move my Gooddmorning and Bedttime routines to house code C. :'
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 08:20:46 AM by Moose »

brobin

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2021, 11:32:10 AM »

Glad to hear you worked it out!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.