Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Active Home Vista  (Read 297 times)

jrwhit

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Active Home Vista
« on: February 14, 2021, 08:37:11 PM »

I have been using Active Home Vista software among others to control my HA for years and getting along well with it. I thought I saw someone comment on it on this forum long ago but can't find it in a search. I was attempting today to control lighting from the command line per the instructions and wondered if anyone with a CM15A has gotten this to work. It appears that the logger sees the commands but no lights are affected.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: Active Home Vista
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 08:59:04 PM »

The author packed in development of AHV a number of years back. No demand for it. He was running support on Google+ but that was shut down. Do you need to do what you are doing from the command line. Will it do it in the application instead.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 09:07:21 PM »

Not sure if you’re using AHV via the Android app but here’s the link with some pointers that may help you. As I mentioned there’s no longer any forum or support for it now https://cloudapks.com/app/com.activehomevista/

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 276
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    • Tuicemen Forum
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 06:51:24 AM »

AHV uses the AHP SDK, the method to use the command line is to use the ahcmd file i believe found in the 'C://program files/common files/x10/common' folder.
The ahcmd was created for simple sending of X10 commands and not considered reliable enough for advanced home control.
I believe the syntax was "ahcmd sendplc a3 on" to send Powerline comand and "ahcmd sendrf a3 off" for sending RF
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Find extra info @ My forum

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.