Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Active Home Vista  (Read 1330 times)

jrwhit

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Active Home Vista
« on: February 14, 2021, 08:37:11 PM »

I have been using Active Home Vista software among others to control my HA for years and getting along well with it. I thought I saw someone comment on it on this forum long ago but can't find it in a search. I was attempting today to control lighting from the command line per the instructions and wondered if anyone with a CM15A has gotten this to work. It appears that the logger sees the commands but no lights are affected.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
Re: Active Home Vista
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 08:59:04 PM »

The author packed in development of AHV a number of years back. No demand for it. He was running support on Google+ but that was shut down. Do you need to do what you are doing from the command line. Will it do it in the application instead.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 09:07:21 PM »

Not sure if you’re using AHV via the Android app but here’s the link with some pointers that may help you. As I mentioned there’s no longer any forum or support for it now https://cloudapks.com/app/com.activehomevista/

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 06:51:24 AM »

AHV uses the AHP SDK, the method to use the command line is to use the ahcmd file i believe found in the 'C://program files/common files/x10/common' folder.
The ahcmd was created for simple sending of X10 commands and not considered reliable enough for advanced home control.
I believe the syntax was "ahcmd sendplc a3 on" to send Powerline comand and "ahcmd sendrf a3 off" for sending RF
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Jason B

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 07:46:45 PM »

Not sure if you’re using AHV via the Android app but here’s the link with some pointers that may help you. As I mentioned there’s no longer any forum or support for it now https://cloudapks.com/app/com.activehomevista/

That looks like what I need my Iphone to do again! X10 Commander I can't get to work on my old phone and super frustrated (since it was removed from the app store)

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 09:53:00 PM »

Jason, time marches on and developers stop supporting things that don't generate enough revenue to justify the effort.   >*<
Try the RM4 Pro solution and if you don't like it you can return it. 

Jason B

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2024, 02:49:34 PM »

I want to thank you guys for keeping me motivated and to keep trying. GOOD NEWS! I now have the app working on my 15 pro on ios 17.4! Backstory. When you get a new iphone and an app you had on your old phone isn't available in the app store anymore, you're screwed.... So I thought... I found the original IPA file for the program and first tried to email it to myself. Gmail won't allow you attach an .ipa file! So crazy. They must have some deal with apple here, but I've never seen something like this happen. I tried to even rename the file as .jpg and gmail still won't let you email it as an attachment. I did save it on a memory card just to have a backup. The version of the app from my old backup was an older version of the app than on my new phone that had the cloud icon next to it, (1.91, vs 1.94) and I first tried to copy the old file onto the new phone (since the app on the new phone had the cloud icon on it, that means it tries to DL the app from apple, but it can't since the app is no longer on the app store) After dragging the older ipa version of the app onto the new phone with imazing, I could see both listed, 1.91 and 1.94. When I tried to click "install" for the older file with Imazing, I kept getting this error "the code signature version is no longer supported" Yea, I was pissed when I saw this! I don't know what that means.
Next for the hell of it, I clicked on the 1.94 version (remember it shows this because it's on the home screen on the new phone, but has that cloud icon next it). I right clicked and hit "install" and instantly the cloud goes away! I'm thinking, hmm, how the heck what this so easy? and no way it's going to work when I click it. I click the app on the phone and it opens!!!! It's working! I don't know how or why but this fixed it. After many days and nights trying everything and posting about this everywhere, contacting the app developer, etc. Imazing fixed it!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.