Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM19A Transceiver (NOOB)  (Read 1534 times)

BSwagger412

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM19A Transceiver (NOOB)
« on: December 22, 2020, 10:16:14 PM »

I was given a CM19A and a few MS16A motion sensors from a friend i want to use them to alert me of movement outside my house my gaming pc is in my Livingroom so if i can set it to make a tone based noise from my pc id be happy but im not sure if the hardware i have will even support doing so im also not sure what programming i should run i have X10 Firecracker but no luck for what i want to do any help would be appreciated 

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: CM19A Transceiver (NOOB)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 12:44:31 AM »

Assuming Windows 10 so AHP won't really work.  There are several options other than AHP, but I would recommend HomeGenie.  You can set up the motion sensors as either several house/unit codes or a single HC/UC and have a program play a sound or alert you in some other way depending on what you want.

Basically, what you want to do shouldn't be a problem but you'd probably need to provide a little more detail.  If it were me, I'd probably consider using a Raspberry Pi rather than your gaming machine, but either would work.  If you go RPi, for what you want to do a cheap Zero W would work, but I would recommend the RPi3 as a sweet spot for cost to performance.  For your simple request, a Zero W would do just fine.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 07:15:45 AM »

Actually AHP will do the job. It does work on Windows 10.
I also would recommend Home Genie but there are alot of free software options.

If your into programing you could use the AHP SDK.

I actually created a small program X10WavPlayer that utilized the AHP SDK several years ago just after the SDK was first released.
The sole purpose of this was to add sound responses for X10. This expanded into using TTS and then into a newer program (PC Companion) with many more options.
I'm not sure if the last version of X10WavPlayer is still on my server but I'll see if I have a version laying around on CD if  that looks like it will work for you.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 09:21:40 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 07:32:17 AM »

Found the last build of X10Wavplayer and installed it on Windows 10, it doesn't look like it will do what you want with out AHP installed. :-[
I thought I had removed the need for AHP but guess that was done with PC Companion. ::) :'
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 09:22:19 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

BSwagger412

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 02:53:17 PM »

After making this post i download home genie but having trouble getting the ms16a sensors to connect to home genie i was given a CM19A and 4 MS16a eagle eye sensors from a friend i plan on using a Rpie in the future but want to get it all up and running to make sure all the hardware i was given works CM19a works but trying to link the sensors is my current issue but what im understanding is that i would set home genie to open a audio file but can home genie close the program ie waveplayer or whatever i choose to play the tone but for now my pc is also used as a server kinda so my pc is always on   

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 07:45:57 PM »

I was given a CM19A and a few MS16A motion sensors from a friend i want to use them to alert me of movement outside my house my gaming pc is in my Livingroom so if i can set it to make a tone based noise from my pc id be happy but im not sure if the hardware i have will even support doing so im also not sure what programming i should run i have X10 Firecracker but no luck for what i want to do any help would be appreciated

If you have UPnP enabled on your gaming machine and your HG server you’re in business. I don’t use gaming machines so I’ve no idea what system you use. Is it a PC x86 based processor. If so that’s your problem sorted. Install the Windows version of HG. If not the Raspberry Pi option is the route to go.

As bkenobi suggested a bit more information and we can point you in the right direction. You should have no issues with the MS16 sensors and CM19 X10 controller. I use the Euro version of both and they work well together.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2020, 06:11:47 AM »

One thing to remember. X10 RF commands can only go so far. To get to the CM19A. When you are testing. You may want to try them close to the CM19A

If you didn't get the users information sheets with the CM19A and MS16A.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.