Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Scheduling everything off. Can it be done on WM100?  (Read 1866 times)

smatofu

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Scheduling everything off. Can it be done on WM100?
« on: February 21, 2021, 11:13:49 AM »

Hello,

I would like to switch all units off on house codes A, B, and C at 3:00am. How can I do it using WM100?

I have tons of X10 modules so I don't want to switch them off individually. I just want to send out A All Units Off, B All Units Off, and C All Units Off.

Thank you,
Stan

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: Scheduling everything off. Can it be done on WM100?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 12:26:09 PM »

From the manual it doesn't look like there's an option to do that by House Code but there is an option to create 'Rooms' yo do that.  You can create a 'Room' with all the modules you want to turn off and then schedule that 'Room' to turn off at 3AM.  You only have to create the 'Room' once.

smatofu

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 01:57:15 PM »

How can I schedule a room? I don't see any schedule option on rooms.

brobin

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 02:12:22 PM »

When you set up a timer can you select a Room to control?  If not, try setting up a 'Scene' as shown in the manual.

smatofu

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 02:32:39 PM »

Brobin,

thank you for helping me!

I checked the manual multiple times and my Android app. I see no way to create a schedule/timer for a room or scene.

The only thing I see is a device delay within a scene, but I don't see how I could convert this function into what I need.

S.

brobin

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2021, 04:17:53 PM »

I don't have or use the WM100 so I can't offer any hands on experience but it does seem strange that a room or scene can't be controlled by a timer.  That said, the Smartenit P2 doesn't have an ALL OFF either for X10.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 07:48:45 AM »

I never thought of a timer to turn all devices on/off. I just pulled up my off grid wm100 to see if I could see away to schedule a all device off/on (not that I'd  use it) and see no way to do this in the WM100.
You could do this with HomeGenie which the PiX10Hub uses however.  >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

smatofu

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 10:15:10 AM »

I never thought of a timer to turn all devices on/off. I just pulled up my off grid wm100 to see if I could see away to schedule a all device off/on (not that I'd  use it) and see no way to do this in the WM100.

Thank you, Tuicemen!

Yes, everybody uses X10 differently. For me, sending ALL UNITS OFF at night to a few home codes is one of the major benefits of automation. I've been doing it with CM15A for many years.
I have, maybe, 30 X10 modules, so turning off individual units would be cumbersome.

Stan

brobin

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2021, 10:34:47 AM »

Thank you, Tuicemen!

Yes, everybody uses X10 differently. For me, sending ALL UNITS OFF at night to a few home codes is one of the major benefits of automation. I've been doing it with CM15A for many years.
I have, maybe, 30 X10 modules, so turning off individual units would be cumbersome.

Stan

I've been using that feature too for over 20 years.  When I arm the alarm at night an "All Units Off" is sent to certain House Codes after a 1 minute delay. The Stargate lets me "stack" the House Codes so that they all turn off together.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.