Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Having trouble again with alexa  (Read 1916 times)

bobbyds1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Having trouble again with alexa
« on: March 11, 2021, 08:41:56 PM »

I am again having trouble with alexa controlling devices it tells me to check the internet connection every time. from within ha-bridge i can turn on and off all devices. but from my tablet running the alexa app when i try to access any of my devices to try to turn them on i get a logo of phillips hue scrolling for a while then under each device it says device is unresponsive. I tried deleteing each device one at a time reboot pi then have alexa discover new devices after it discovers them there all doubled. and alexa still is not able to turn them on.  any ideas.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: Having trouble again with alexa
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 12:32:37 AM »

When you tire of the frustration of using HA-Bridge >*< for Alexa control install a dedicated and skill supported Alexa bridge to work with HG or any other controller.

bobbyds1

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 06:36:27 AM »

do you have any suggestions?

brobin

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 12:00:06 PM »

do you have any suggestions?

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=30926.0

For the last couple of years I've been using the Smartenit Harmony P2 as an Alexa Bridge.  It can operate as a stand alone controller or with any other controller.  I guess I was the first to bring it up on the forum and a number of others are using it now.  If you search for Smartenit there are a number of threads here.  The P2 and the required 2412U PLM are bundled for $59.99 and can be found at:

https://smartenit.com/shop/zigbee-insteon-x10-multi-protocol-gateway-hub/

To order, select "Add Insteon/X10 with powerline only PLM" for the bundled price as shown below. 

bobbyds1

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 04:45:46 PM »

do you need to run raspberry pi with this.

brobin

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 05:03:58 PM »

do you need to run raspberry pi with this.

No Pi needed.  You can continue to use a Pi/HG or you can eliminate it and do your scheduling with the P2's Automation Rules.

I do not use a Pi/HG but do have a Stargate controller that's 20+ years old.  Rather than recreate schedules I use the P2 to send an X10 code with triggers the Stargate to execute commands.  For example, I tell Alexa that "It's dark in here," and Alexa tells the P2 to sent N2-On which the Stargate sees and executes 5 commands to turn on various lights.  If I wanted to I could have set up the same commands in the P2 but I took the easy route.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.