Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Manual for RS114/RS115 Switch  (Read 2016 times)

ew

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Manual for RS114/RS115 Switch
« on: June 28, 2020, 07:38:27 PM »

I was given a couple of RS115 and RS114 switches - manufactured by Advanced Control Technologies.  I am searching far a wide and can't find any documentation on how to program them (ie how to set the house/unit code).  Does anybody know where I may find some documentation for this?

Thank you very much in advance.

Evan

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Manual for RS114/RS115 Switch
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 07:16:13 AM »

Found a specification sheet. Will see if I can find a users manual.

https://smarthome-products.com/productspecs/RS114_spec.pdf
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 07:17:50 AM by Brian H »

x10wizard

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 03:56:01 PM »

The following is from the ACT RF124 instructions, the RF124 being the ACT in-line relay.  The "configuring" is likely similar, except that the RS114 and RS115 also have a configuring procedure for the LED which is not contained in these instructions for the RF124.

RF124 A10 120 VAC, 20A, Isolated Contact Relay Fixture Receiver, Standard and Extended Addressing

INSTALLATION

The RF124 features two operating modes: Normal Mode and Configuration Mode.
The Normal Mode is the state in which the device performs its primary function.
The Configuration Mode allows the user to specify the address by which the device may be controlled, and allows the user to enable “All Lights On, All Units Off, All Lights Off commands" (disabled when address is set) or disable "polite mode" and enable "rude mode.

OPERATION

If the RF124 address is configured to a standard code address:
The RF124 will respond to standard code On, Off, and Status Request commands.
The RF124 will respond with standard code Status On or Status Off commands when it receives the standard code Status Request command.

If the RF124 address is configured to an extended code address:
The RF124 will respond to standard code On and Off commands addressed to the Letter code and Unit code of its extended code address.
It will also respond to extended code On, Off, and Status Request commands.
The RF124 will respond with extended code Status On or Status Off commands when it receives the extended code Status Request command.

CONFIGURING

To set the Address:
Press and hold the configuration button for 3 seconds. After 3 seconds, release the button. The status LED should be on steady. The RF124 can now be addressed.
Using a transmitter, transmit the desired address twice in succession. The transmissions must be separated by at least six zero crossings (approximately 60ms, dependent on line frequency). The RF124 status LED will blink twice to indicate acceptance of desired address. The unit defaults to polite when the address is configured.
Each time program mode is entered to change the configuration of the unit, your must first enter the address of the unit before any feature is configured. Have this address information available.
If no address transmission is accepted by the RF124 while in program mode, and program mode is exited, or the unit times out after one minute, the address of the unit as well as the features previously programmed will remain active.

To enable “All Lights On, All Units Off, All Lights Off commands":
To enable each command, transmit the command twice in succession (separated by at least six zero crossings). The status LED will blink 6 times when All Lights On is enabled, 8 times when All Units Off is enabled, and 10 times when All Lights Off is enabled.

To disable "polite mode" and enable "rude mode":
Transmit the configured address twice more in succession separated by at least six zero crossings). The status LED will blink 4 times. If configuring this feature immediately after the address is entered, only a single address transmission is required. The LED will still blink 4 times to confirm entry.

To exit configuration mode:
To exit configuration mode, press the configuration button. The status LED will indicate the last known state (ON or OFF). The RF124 will exit configuration mode and reenter normal mode after one minute.

TROUBLSHOOTING
If the LED continues to blink repeatedly, recycle power to the unit, and then reprogram the unit. If problem remains after power-up and reprogramming, return the unit to the distributor where purchased and replace the unit.

ew

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 05:31:36 PM »

This was sitting around - and I didn't get notified that there was a response.

I now see it and thank you so much for the help.

I don't see an obvious way to get into the configuration mode.  Perhaps I need to hook it up and see what I get.

Anyway, thank you very much for the help (and sorry that it is so belated).

ew

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 01:42:12 PM »

I just found the manual!.  I would add it to the thread to help others, but I am not able to add an attachment.  If there is somebody that can do this, PM me and I will provide the pdf which can be attached.  I also can't post a link (besides the link seems to be a cached location and I don't know if that will be persistent).

Moose

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 04:57:17 PM »

As a Newbie, you have to make a few more posts before you can add attachments.

ew

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2021, 05:14:47 PM »

Instead of posting a bunch of nonsensical items, I would be happy to send this to a more senior participant that can post the manual. Can just send me a PM message and I will reply with the manual which can then be posted in the thread.

Moose

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2021, 09:15:36 PM »

I just found the manual!.  I would add it to the thread to help others, but I am not able to add an attachment.  If there is somebody that can do this, PM me and I will provide the pdf which can be attached.  I also can't post a link (besides the link seems to be a cached location and I don't know if that will be persistent).

I will give it a try...

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2021, 07:45:42 AM »

You where successful.
The file was fine when I downloaded it and it will be added to my ACT folder.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.