Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Monterey Instruments macro module IR  (Read 2714 times)

AMXoldhack

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Monterey Instruments macro module IR
« on: June 11, 2021, 07:57:08 PM »

Any one know where I can find one of the above or a similar product?
Stand alone product that needs no computer. you can program X10 macros in any house code triggered by one x10
command. All programing can be done with any x10 controller. I know x10 is a rapidly shrinking market and products like these are scarce  :(

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: Monterey Instruments macro module IR
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 12:24:51 AM »

While you would program it with an Android or IOS app rather than an X10 controller, the Smartenit P2 is a standalone device that would let you send one X10 code to trigger a macro or with Alexa or Google Home commands as well. It does, however require an Ethernet connection.  The P2 with an X10/Insteon 2412U PLM is $59.99 at https://smartenit.com/shop/zigbee-insteon-x10-multi-protocol-gateway-hub/

AMXoldhack

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 11:26:39 PM »

I've been looking at these and older legacy products. Still looking for the Monterey instruments Macro IR.

AMXoldhack

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2023, 11:07:56 AM »

Still looking  B:(

AMXoldhack

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023, 01:36:04 AM »

(copied from another post)
 I've been looking for this for two years. these thing are SCARCE to find. Tested for X 10 macros, works just fine. Purchased as a back up for my Macro Module IR made by Monterey Instruments. exact same product just different color casing.
PRO Macro Controller PMC-10 X-10 Code Transmitter Security & Home Automation
Now I finally have a back up for my three critical smart devices for my 80+ modules spread out over 12 house codes.
XTBR
EXZ10rf
X10 macro module
I've had x10 from from the late 70's? when BSR introduced to the market. The "skins" I put on top of it evolved over the years finally ended up with a AMX axcess system. color touch panels every where. Even piped the morning news cast on
them while getting ready to go to work. people have asked me why I just don't dedicate a PC with some GUI and use that?
I'm aging out out. After the 3rd time in twenty five years of lighting strikes blowing out most of the bus driver chips in my amx system I decided to retire it and simplify my life. MY AMX system had 5000 lines of code and to write a macro into it
(something like C code) got harder as my memory is failing as I age out.  A lot of x10 history and experience here I'm leaving out. For you more inclined techies and x10 hackers I even found hacks that even the Bartana web site never documented.
your welcome to reply and discuss X10 any time with me. here, facebook, or even on cellphone. I eliminated all the biggest shortfalls of X10 many years ago.
With enough modules you can even build if/then and and/or circuits. Anyway, I'm content to be able to control any of the 256 modules from any controller set to any house code. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.