Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: authinex's failure  (Read 1187 times)

babybearjs

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
authinex's failure
« on: June 14, 2021, 11:06:44 PM »

:'( I am extremely saddened to see that authenix has decided to create a wireless transceiver and NOT include a PC version of the software.  I'm also quite disappointed that they won't support the ActiveHome modules anymore. I sure won't be buying the wireless module until the price comes back down to earth! the units not worth the current retail price...

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: authinex's failure
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 07:08:49 AM »

What model is the transceiver you are pointing out?
So we may have a better understanding of what you are referring too.

The old Active Home as you mentioned or the later Active Home Pro?

When X10WTI went bankrupt and Authinex bought the X10 line. Some things got lost in the moving the old servers and support for the Active Home Pro modules could not be updated. I believe the source code was lost or so old and scattered changing or adding them to other programs was not done. Along with the AHP registration servers also lost.

Tuicemens X10 LifeJacket has allowed us to move the software to a new computer and keep some of the added modules with out requiring the defunct registration servers.

I doubt you will ever see the old X10WTI crazy sale  prices again. Their factories in China are gone. Along with inflation and Covid related part shortages.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 12:56:36 PM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.