Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ws469 blinks the LEDs  (Read 934 times)

Richard_1951

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
ws469 blinks the LEDs
« on: November 20, 2021, 04:49:49 PM »

Using X10 for many years, have AHP on virtual XP works great.  Problem I have is I have replaced the lamps on the front porch / garage overhang.  They were controlled for many years with the 3 way WS??? and the slave switch CSxxx.  don't remember the part numbers, but they always worked from either the CP15 or palm remotes.  These new Lamps are LED so i bought the WS469 and thought I had it wired up correctly.  Now when I send an ON command to the WS469, it blinks the LEDS, yes I can hear the relay click-clock.  but the LEDs will not stay ON.  They blink twice, then stay off.  I can use the PushButton on the WS469 and the LEDS come on and stay ON.  Then another push and they turn OFF.  I can also turn them off through the CP15 and/or palm remote.  I even bought another WS469, just in case the first one may have be defective, but after changing them out this afternoon, I had no joy.  I read in another post about the Slave switch CS2777? having a capacitor in the switch, and the poster stipulated he removed the capacitor and his system seemed to work OK. Might that be my problem?   

//////////////////////////////
OK, so none of those suggestions worked.  I have purchased and just setup the WM100 and programmed, all my devices work correctly EXCEPT the WS469 !!  it still just blinks twice when receiving an ON command.  So, just like the last several weeks, my iPhone has a 5:30pm alarm, that tells me to go turn on the WS469 manually, and the lights stay on.  Really wish I could get this ON command to work with the WS469.
Would these be a wiring problem?  How do I determine the Neutral wire?  what connections / voltage should I look for?  Any suggestions are appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 05:00:43 PM by Richard_1951 »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: ws469 blinks the LEDs
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 06:50:34 PM »

What model did you pick when adding it to AHP?
As the WS469 is too new to be in the drop down list in AHP.

It is a relay type switch. Try to change its description in AHP if you have not.
Not the WS4777 dimmer it probably was originally defined.
Never used one but a XPS3 or WS13 are relays and you may want to define it that way. Even though the graphic in AHP will show a Decorator switch.

I don't think the Slave Switch has a capacitor in it. It just ties the Blue wire to the Red wire when pushed.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 06:55:22 PM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.