Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Smartenit P2 Automation Rule  (Read 8180 times)

Moose

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Smartenit P2 Automation Rule
« on: July 09, 2021, 10:13:14 AM »

I have an Automation rule that simply runs when a Motion sensor is tripped between Sunset and Sunrise, turn on a Porch light. I have noticed that the Rule has been activated several times before sunset, from 10 to 30 minutes before sunset. My location in the app is correct. Any thoughts?

Moose

Re: Smartenit P2 Automation Rule
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 11:27:04 AM »

Is there not anyone running a rule where a light turns on at sunset?? Brobin maybe?  ??? I checked it again last night and it was enabled a full half hour before sunset. I did not have this issue when I ran only Homegenie. Sunset was spot on.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 06:22:31 PM »

I do have some sunrise/sunset rules and have never had an issue with any offset of those exact times.  Check the setting for the rule to ensure that there are no offsets programmed.  It should look like this:

Moose

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 09:20:27 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion. But, when I checked the Rule via Edit, I do not even see the option to add an offset.

brobin

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2021, 09:56:53 PM »

I see that option only appears when setting up Sunset and Sunrise individually as opposed to using the Time Window function which I assume is what you're doing to bracket the time.  I don't have any idea why you'd be seeing incorrect times unless your location is somehow ambiguous.  Have a look at your web portal at https://console.smartenit.io to see how it's set and edit if needed.  Postal codes seem to be important.  I'm not using any Time Window rules so I haven't experienced any issues but I'd think that if the regular SS/SR times are dead on it would carry through.
Be sure you check "Click here to expand window across dates" at the bottom of the rule so that sunset today window carries through to sunrise tomorrow.

Moose

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 09:19:45 AM »

I don't have any idea why you'd be seeing incorrect times unless your location is somehow ambiguous.
 Postal codes seem to be important. 
I'm not using any Time Window rules so I haven't experienced any issues but I'd think that if the regular SS/SR times are dead on it would carry through.
Be sure you check "Click here to expand window across dates" at the bottom of the rule so that sunset today window carries through to sunrise tomorrow.

I rechecked my address. It had me a couple of miles away but I inputted my actual address. Postal code was correct though.
If you are not using a Time Window, how do you end your rule in the jpg above?
I had not clicked the "...expand window..." square at the bottom. It is now so I will check tonight. Thanks.

brobin

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 09:58:16 AM »

The rule in my jpg above is just a one shot at sunset that I use to confirm all is well.  At Sunset an email is sent that says "Green Flash Time" so there's no 'Time Window' needed in the rule.  I'll be curious as to your results tonight.  It might be useful to set up a simple Sunset rule like mine just to get a daily time verification that you can monitor.  If that one is rock solid and the Time Window rule varies that would be an interesting question for Smartenit!  I know you're in Canada but I think clocks work the same up there, right? rofl

Moose

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2021, 09:22:14 PM »

Yes, our clocks work like yours.  ;D I tried a simple Sunset test and it worked fine. Official sunset at 9:04pm, the Rule activated at 9:05. But my original Rule is still misbehaving. I went out at 8:40 and my motion light turned on. Brobin, could you create a little Sunset-Sunrise Rule test to compare. Mine is just logic ANDed with a motion sensor to turn on a light. Very simple, I thought.  B:(

brobin

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2021, 09:27:05 PM »

Sure, I can do that.  I'll set it up and let you know how it goes.  Can you post a screen shot of your rule so I do it exactly the same?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 11:41:03 AM by brobin »

brobin

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2021, 01:06:22 AM »

I set up a Time Window rule so that If I tell Alexa to turn on the Christmas Tree before Sunset tomorrow I should NOT get an email.  In doing so I want to make sure that you have the circled ALL showing rather than ANY as that would negate the Time Window restriction.

Moose

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2021, 09:39:45 AM »

When I ticked the "...expand window across dates" it added the Nth notation. I noted in your Rule, it says Sunset July 12 till Sunrise July 12th.  ???

brobin

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2021, 10:18:18 AM »

Looks like it's OK but I'd expect a couple of dates in there.  You can edit to add them in the app. I just updated mine with today and tomorrow's dates but it should carry through daily anyway.
I turned on the Xmas Tree this morning and did NOT get an email which means the TimeWindow worked to exclude it.  I'll try it again this evening during the 30 minutes leading up to Sunset to see if there any changes.

brobin

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2021, 10:21:36 AM »

I meant to ask you, the motion sensor X10 transmit code is different from the porch light X10 code, correct?

Moose

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2021, 11:13:56 AM »

Yes, the MS16A is at default A1 and the porch light is A2.

brobin

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2021, 11:25:59 AM »

Keep in mind that if not disabled, the MS16A also uses a second code to send an ON for dusk and an OFF for dawn on A2 - same as your light!  A1 is motion only.  So if the A2 transmits an ON at dusk (about 20 min before sunset?) it would turn on the porch light.  Maybe try giving the light a new code or be sure to disable the dusk/dawn feature in the MS16A.

http://www.authinx.com/x10/manuals/MS16A.pdf

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.