Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Smartenit P2 Automation Rule  (Read 8188 times)

Moose

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Smartenit P2 Automation Rule
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2021, 11:48:57 AM »

Keep in mind that if not disabled, the MS16A also uses a second code to send an ON for dusk and an OFF for dawn on A2 - same as your light!  A1 is motion only.  So if the A2 transmits an ON at dusk (about 20 min before sunset?) it would turn on the porch light.  Maybe try giving the light a new code or be sure to disable the dusk/dawn feature in the MS16A.

Okay, hmmm. I had forgotten that. :' But, if that happened, I would not get a Porch light ON message in the Smartenit Event Log, would I? I clearly get an Event saying "Porch Rule has been triggered" at 8:40PM followed by the rest of the event chain.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2021, 12:09:51 PM »

That sounds right and since the unit isn't looking for A2 as a trigger it should be ignored even during the TimeWindow.  Just another piece to consider but I'd probably change the porch light code anyway just to eliminate the possibility. 

brobin

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2021, 08:54:05 PM »

I've completed my testing of the Time Window trigger today and see the same behavior as yours.  So at least we can stop fiddling with settings till we find an answer!

Sunset here (Naples, FL) was at 8:23pm today and I got my "Green Flash" message at precisely that time.  I had also turned on the Xmas Tree at 7:23pm and again at 8:03pm and the Time Window was triggered and sent an email both times!  So the window is opening at least one hour in advance of what's expected.  The last test prior to those was at 6:19pm which did NOT trigger the rule.

I'm going to send an email to Smartenit support to see what they have to say.  You might want to do the same so they know this is not a single user issue.  Let's keep each other posted on their responses.

brobin

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2021, 09:07:44 PM »

For anyone following along, Smartenit will fix the Time Window error in a future FW release.  :'

Moose

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2021, 09:18:51 PM »

I rechecked mine tonight and it activated a full hour ahead of Sunset too.

Moose

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2021, 10:37:44 AM »

I have another weird symptom that has turned into a puzzle. The Automation Rule is still as above. But, every evening at 7:20PM, the Porch light turns on. The event appears in the Smartenit log. I also have the Homegenie app running in the background on a PI, just for fun. It shows all of the activity initiated by the Harmony hub except the 7:20 Porch light coming on. Any thoughts?

brobin

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2021, 12:03:41 PM »

What time is sunset where you are now?  IIRC, you only have a time window set and not something that would trigger at a specific time like 7:20PM correct?  Is there any other device you have set to turn on at 7:20PM?

As for not seeing only the 7:20PM X10 transmission in HG, is the P2 sending it as an ON command or a DIM command?  I ask because the Insteon implementation of dimming (from the P2's PLM) uses X10 extended commands which might not be seen by the CM15A connected to to your PiHG.  Someone else here who's more familiar with the CM15 might be able to chime in on that possibility.

Moose

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2021, 12:54:32 PM »

Sunset here is 6:14. There is no other event scheduled for 7:20. The event is "7:20 pm Porch light turned on".

The one possibility is one Brobin and I discussed before. I am using an MS16a set to A1 to trigger the Porch light after sunset. The Porch light is set to A2. So, there is a chance the MS16a is sending a Dusk On code. But, that should show up on the HG via the CM15, correct?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 01:09:03 PM by Moose »

brobin

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2021, 01:01:54 PM »

I would think so.  If it's possible without too much difficulty, I'd pull the batteries for the motion detector or unplug the receiver(s) if that's easier, and see what happens tonight.  That will at least confirm or eliminate the MS16A from consideration.

Moose

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2021, 01:36:58 PM »

Not so easy to pull batteries today. I have 2 sensors set to A1. It snowed 2" over night and I need a ladder.

And to clarify, when the A2 Porch light is on, it shows as ON in the Smartenit Dashboard (and in the Log), but not on HG Dashboard.

If the A2 ON were getting sent at Dusk would you not expect an A2 OFF to be sent at Dawn?? There are no A2 OFFs in the Harmony log near Sunrise.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 01:43:48 PM by Moose »

brobin

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2021, 02:11:09 PM »

Yes, I would expect to see an off too but let's test the easiest stuff first.  Rather than pulling the batteries for testing how about just unplugging the TM751/RR501 receiver? 

What is this "snow" thing you speak of? Here in Florida we're feeling winter's cold chill upon us... the temperature plummeted to 76F this morning!  8) rofl

Moose

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2021, 09:21:00 PM »

Well, I unplugged the RR501 and 7:20 arrived and the porch light turned on. It got logged in Smartenit but nothing on HG.

It is a little early for snow here, but not unheard of. You must have heard of snow. The Snowbirds that escape from Canada must talk about it. :'

brobin

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2021, 12:47:01 AM »

Oh, you mean those people who turn bright red after 2 days here in the winter? (not sure if it's from the sun or the docktails - maybe both!)   :o ;D

OK, so now we know for sure the motion detector isn't the cause. To be a specific time every day it seems that there'd have to be an entry in one of your P2's Automation Rules causing that or an activation from some other controller.  To be sure that it's coming from the P2 you could unplug the PLM before 7:20PM and see if the light stays off.  If it turns on then the signal is coming from somewhere else.  If you'd like me to look at your Automation Rules on the web portal (console.smartenit.io) I'm happy to do that.  You can PM me your P2's login info and then change the PW after I've had a look. 

Moose

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2021, 07:21:13 AM »

To be a specific time every day it seems that there'd have to be an entry in one of your P2's Automation Rules causing that or an activation from some other controller. 
To be sure that it's coming from the P2 you could unplug the PLM before 7:20PM and see if the light stays off.  If it turns on then the signal is coming from somewhere else.

I will unplug the PLM tonight and see. I only have 3 Rules. Voice commands for turning on the morning lights and killing everything at bedtime. The Rule that is most suspect is the one on page 1 of this post. If you recall, it was already a little wanky because it would allow motion triggers 1 hour before Sunset.

brobin

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2021, 08:58:57 AM »

I do remember that and if the light comes on tonight with the PLM unplugged then the next step would be to delete that rule.
I'll stay tuned for this evening's breaking news!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.