Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Smartenit P2 Automation Rule  (Read 11547 times)

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 160
Re: Smartenit P2 Automation Rule
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2021, 12:38:50 PM »

Casper is definitely in the house!

The thing is line noise usually just blocks signals and very, very rarely, if ever, causes things to actually turn on and off. Unplug the security console and any other controllers and just watch and wait.  There has to be a controller/transmitter of some kind causing all this.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 283
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2021, 01:06:42 PM »

If you have boxed up any x10 RF remotes unpack them to besure you didn't  leave batteries in them. I had did this and after bumping the boxesd up items a remote started to send on off codes. Took me forever to find the source of my Phantom signals.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2021, 08:10:20 PM »

So from where we are on the phantom A2 at 7:20 command it appears that unplugging the CM15A solved it. That means that HG or something programmed directly into the CM15A (through AHP) is causing it.  If you want to keep those items in the mix you could look at clearing the CM15A's memory (see: https://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=28827.0) as well as looking for the mystery timer in HG.

Now let's look at the Harmony connection issue.  If you go to the Dashboard and look at the P2 Gateway icon you should see a green dot in the upper left corner of the box.  If it's red it means that the app can't see the P2 which means that the P2 isn't connected to the internet/Smartenit server. Check your Ethernet cable and switch (if one is being used).

If you're just seeing a red circle around the on/off button of a device when you tap it then check the USB cable to the PLM and the power outlet it's plugged into.  That red circle means the command can't be sent.

As for the A8 problem it sounds like something is dumping a lot of garbage on your powerline and you need to see what else it could be other than the LED lights you unplugged.  Maybe another LED bulb that's in the process of failing?  It could be a bulb's internal power supply has overheated and is trashing the line.  See what you can find on that front.

One step forward, two steps back!

Have you checked your X10 security console to see if there are any automation rules defined there. The more X10 controllers you have on the same network the more likely you are to experience conflicts. You’ve a combination of PL/RF commands firing off from different X10 controllers that could well be cancelling each other out owing to conflicting rule sets.

It might be a case of deciding what X10 Controller is most important to your overall setup. Obviously you’ll want your X10 security console which works very well with the CM15 and HG. I’ve not used the Smartenit controller (wouldn’t have any need for it anyway) but it does appear you have a certain amount of unnecessary redundancy in your setup.

Maybe you should do a needs assessment on your setup and post back here for further guidance. As it stands from what you describe you’ve definitely got some form of conflict in the mix. HG and a properly setup CM15 will more than fulfil your X10 requirements plus your X10 security console can be directly controlled by HG.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2021, 06:22:07 PM »

The Security Console is also an X10 Transceiver on the X10 House Code it is set to. Besides processing any Security RF devices you have.

Moose

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2021, 12:15:05 PM »

The Security console is off for now. And, for the most part, my "system" works. My problem seems to be mostly one of RF anomalies. The mail culprit is the MS16a sensor set to A1. The one on the back porch works well. The one one the front porch is very flakey. The are both about 12 feet from the PAT01 transceiver. The front one often does not trigger, even though I can see the lights flash on it. Again, often, when it triggers, my Test1 on A7 trips instead.

Last night at 9:01 I went to the back door and triggered my Automation Rule and the Porch lights turned on for the 2 minutes defined in the rule. But, the Porch Light device ikon on the harmony app did not turn green for the 2 minutes. But it was all in the app log.

I am sure the problems revolve around too much RF noise and devices too close together. But I have a limited number of spots to use. I have Jeff Volp's X-repeater and filters. Without an RF sniffer tool, I am not sure how to track this down.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 01:16:56 PM by Moose »

Moose

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2021, 02:13:19 PM »

Just to add, it is windy out and one of the motion sensors is switching ON and activating a Universal module to ring a doorbell. The Sensor ON is showing up in the Harmony log, but when I quickly check the app, the Device does not show as ON.

brobin

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2021, 03:36:01 PM »

Based on what you saw I ran a little test.  I watched a device's icon status on the P2's dashboard as I turned it on and off from another controller.  The icon status doesn't change in the app when the signal is received from a different controller but the commands were received by the P2 and displayed on the Events screen.  The only time the icon status appears to change is when the icon in the app is tapped to turn it on or off or in response to an Automation Rule execution or Alexa command.  So it would appear that the icon status is only designed to change when the command is sent by the P2.

While it would be nice to see the icons respond to received commands, the important thing is that the P2 does indeed see them and can execute Automation Rules based on receiving them.

I never actually use the app to control anything unless testing so I never noticed that it displays that way.  While it doesn't matter for the way I use it, I can see where it would be a logical visual aid to have the icon status track received as well as sent commands.  I know that Smartenit is very receptive to feedback on how to improve the P2 and the app and they've done several f/w updates with things I've suggested.  The best way to get that ball rolling is to contact them through the website with a request to make the change and see what they say.  Let me know if you do that and I'll send one seconding the motion.

Moose

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2021, 05:11:56 PM »

In terms of the choke, do you think that the X10 XPF filter offers the same filtering, or does the choke address something else? I do have the XPF feeding all but the kitchen table bulbs.

Brobin, back to the choke. I was wondering how you installed these and how many? I can see if you have a light fixture with it's own octagon box, soldering it inside. Did you just cut into a line cord, solder it in and tape it up?? Or something more creative?

brobin

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2021, 05:39:56 PM »

I installed one choke on an inground pool light that I'd replaced with a multi LED bulb.  In the pool's electrical panel I had installed an XPFM fixture module to control the light and I added the choke between the blue 'load' wire and the hot going to the fixture as drawn in purple below.  You can use heat shrink or tape to insulate it and the connections can be soldered, crimped or wire nutted.  In my case I had plenty of room but the principle is the same.  You could even put the choke inside the base of the lamp in the picture below - just cut the hot going from the module to the fixture wherever convenient.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 05:41:39 PM by brobin »

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2021, 08:05:54 PM »

Just to add, it is windy out and one of the motion sensors is switching ON and activating a Universal module to ring a doorbell. The Sensor ON is showing up in the Harmony log, but when I quickly check the app, the Device does not show as ON.

I knew I recognised the user name. I helped you back in Feb 2020 with what appeared to be a faulty CM19 and HG via PM. You’ve now been through a CM15 and are currently trying to set up a Smartenit Controller with your setup. Have you managed to actually get an X10 Controller working successfully with your setup. You said you intended to revisit this project in March 2020 but I heard nothing back.

Moose

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2021, 09:23:31 AM »

I did have to give up on the CM19. I was able to prove it worked with AHP and a Windows PC to provide sufficient current. I tried 3 different PS with the RPI and could not get it to work.

I did get HG working and gave an update at the end of this thread.  https://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=31229.90

My transition to Smartenit took place here. https://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=31439.0

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2021, 10:54:51 AM »

I did have to give up on the CM19. I was able to prove it worked with AHP and a Windows PC to provide sufficient current. I tried 3 different PS with the RPI and could not get it to work.

I did get HG working and gave an update at the end of this thread.  https://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=31229.90

My transition to Smartenit took place here. https://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=31439.0

Great but I asked you a question earlier in this post about your X10 security panel and possible conflict with automation rules on it and other X10 controllers on your setup. I didn’t notice any response. What X10 security console do you have. Have you checked it for automation rules for possible conflicts.

Moose

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2021, 11:16:15 AM »

It is an older PS561. All I have is 2 Security Motion Sensors, alarm modules and wireless key fobs. Nothing fancy. And as I mentioned an old timer module that is on "idle" on a different House Code.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2021, 03:02:39 PM »

It is an older PS561. All I have is 2 Security Motion Sensors, alarm modules and wireless key fobs. Nothing fancy. And as I mentioned an old timer module that is on "idle" on a different House Code.

For troubleshooting purposes I suggest that you remove the X10 security console from your setup for the moment along with any additional X10 controllers and concentrate on getting one X10 Controller working reliably with your setup, either the Smartenit or the CM15 and start adding back till you discover the source of your problem. It really does sound like you have some form of signal conflict in your setup. Your X10 security console is quite old and possibly your security sensors so I’d try tackling the issue from that angle. Are your X10 security sensors registering and correctly reporting your house code/unit code in HG.

Moose

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2021, 03:17:22 PM »

I did mention back in Reply 49 that the Security console is off for now. I have never used the security motion sensors with HG. They do work fine though when the Security console is setup and armed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.